"Mate" I whispered as my wolf was literally about to bust out to meet his.

"What?" Dillion questioned making me realize he was still there. Instantly after seeing my gorgeous mate, he became less attractive, after all, he was just a human. Dillion wore a look of uncertainty on his face as he did a quick once over of my body.

"Hello" his voice met my ears. Without another look at Dillion, my blue pools eagerly shot to meet those of my mate. His voice was both deep and soft at the same time. Sniffing deeply, I took in his scent which was manly and woodsy, it instantly made my core burn with need.

"H-hi" I stuttered as I chomped on my bottom lip nervously. Humans always talk about having nervous butterflies in their stomachs but for me this feeling was my anxious wolf thrashing about and gnawing playfully.

"I'm Carter" he held out his hand as my knees began to tremble making me think I was about to tip right over. Gulping I locked my legs in order to give my body the stability it much needed. My entire being felt like jello as his voice relayed in my head keeping my wolf and me on standby.

"Jamie" I shook his hand feeling sparks run through my body as our flesh touched. It felt like tiny bolts of electricity were zooming against my skin, warming me up as they soon dominated me. Wanting to know if he felt the same magnetic shocks, I brought my eyes to his once more, noticing the golden flecks that I was not able to see from afar. The corner of his smooth lips twitched up slightly confirming that he did, in fact, feel the bonding of our wolves.

"And this?" His head nodded to Dillion, known jealousy already radiating from him as he glanced over his competition.

"I don't remember" I giggled honestly and carelessly. I heard Dillion scoff from my side and disappear in my peripheral vision which made Carter laugh loudly instantly drowning out the music. My wolf howled from inside making it known that she enjoyed the sound of Carter's happiness.

"Well, Jamie, since you seem to be all alone why don't you accompany me for a drink?" He purred softly, gesturing to an empty section on the side of the bar. I nodded realizing that my hand was still left in his though he did not seem to mind as he tugged me along with him. A simple gesture like holding hands provided such security for wolves. It was funny how things worked in the wolf world; everything was just different. It was not like the human realm where you get to know one another first and a connection blossom that turns romantic. With mates, you know you will end up together, so your guard falls instantly. Five minutes with your chosen one makes you feel like you have known them for eternity.

"I never thought I would meet you here" I murmured absentmindedly as he sat in the booth pulling me with him. I could feel the inviting heat radiating off of his body making me want to scoot even closer to experience the intoxicating power he had over me within moments of meeting.

As if reading my mind, he shifted closer to me, wanting nothing more than for our bodies to smush together. "Neither did I. Have you been here before?" Carter's husky voice filled my brain as I struggled not to jump his bones right here.

"No, this is my first time here or at any club" I admitted sheepishly as his hand rested on my knee, the small act able to keep both of our wolf's calm for the moment. My wolf, who was now surrounded by peace laid her head down in contentment just wanting to be close to her chosen one.

"You seemed to be having fun" he smiled playfully flashing me two rows of perfectly straight white teeth. There was a look of envy evident in this questioning orbs even though he tried to cover it up with a glossy stare.

"Forget them" I chuckled weakly, thinking back to the random guys I had been all over only seconds before meeting him. Knowing Carter saw that made my stomach turn slightly. I did not want him thinking I was some type of girl that I was not.