Chapter 65 - Remembering

Jade's POV

"I knew you would remember me." I smiled at him as I wheeled myself next to his bed.

"Everyone says that you've lost your memory and they had to introduce themselves to you." I continued.

"But there was something in me that said you would remember me." I told him as I reached for his hand but he moved it away.

My heart sank and my breathing began to get uneven. "Jade right? I only know you because of what they told me..." He began.

I looked down to hide my disappointment. "Jade, I'm sorry... I don't mean to disappoint you but I don't remember anything." He spoke gently and tried to reach out to me.

"It's fine, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up." I said to him quietly. "Help me remember?" He smiled at me as he touched my cheek.

I looked at him and his smile was the same, it made my chest hurt. I couldn't be angry with him for not remembering me, it wasn't his fault.

"What do you want to know?" I asked him and I returned his smile. "Tell me about our first date? Tell me how I asked you to be my girlfriend." He suggested.

"Our first date?" I laughed, thinking about the first time we actually went out together alone, and how I didn't consider it a date back then.

"We went bowling. I insisted it wasn't a date because at the time I wasn't looking for a relationship. I agreed to go with you and I would never admit it to you at the time but I had so much fun." I laughed at the thought.

"I sure hope I treated you right." He said and all I could do was nod at him, "You were the perfect gentleman. I pretended to not know how to bowl and we played 20 questions." I continued.

"Well I guess we're just going to have to redo everything then." He suggested with a cute smile.

"You asked me to be your girlfriend when we took a trip to Malibu." I told him and I remembered everything that happened that night.

"You told me everything. You were so scared that I wouldn't want to be with you anymore which is why it took you forever to finally ask me." I laughed recalling the conversation we had and the events that lead to that point.

"Wow, well I thought I would go for something better than that but I guess that works too." He laughed with me.

There was a knock on the door, "Come in." Harry said and it was Jane. "I'm so sorry Jade but we have to go. The doctors will be in soon." She said as she looked at her watch.

I nodded and looked at Harry, "Thank you for seeing me." He told me as he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

Something was off; it felt different when he kissed my hand. I looked into his eyes and they were the same shade of green but they looked empty.

Jane and I headed back to the ICU but I couldn't hide the disappointment in my face. "Your boyfriend is really cute Jade." Jane gushed in the elevator.

I just smiled at her, "What's the matter?" She asked me and I just shrugged. "He just seems different. I guess not remembering those around you does that to people huh?" I suggested and Jane gave me a sympathetic look.

"Things will get better Jade, you just gotta have hope." She said as we entered my room and she helped me get back to bed.

"Get some rest before the doctors come and check on you okay?" She told me before closing the door.

Once she left I let it out. I was holding in the tears, it hurt to see Harry like that. I tried my best to make the situation light. I laughed off the pain I was feeling to prevent him from feeling worse.