Chapter 56 - Sacrifices and Reality

Perrie's POV

I feel awful. I haven't spoken to the girls since the holidays. It's the first day back to school and Zayn and I are going to see a bunch of flats after class today. Zayn hasn't spoken to any of the boys either.

"So we'll stay here till we get an apartment and we'll deal with getting our stuff out of the frat house and your dorm later on." Zayn said as we entered the hotel room.

It wasn't that far from campus and we had both of our cars with us so we can get in and out no problem.

"What time is your first class?" He asked me as he scrolled through his phone. I opened my phone to look at my schedule for this semester. "9 a.m. Psychology." I answered him.

"My first class is at 10, so we'll just take my car." He planned out and I just nodded. I stayed with Zayn's family throughout the whole holidays. They had a funeral for his sister and dad between Christmas and New Years.

Zayn's been really tough and hard on everyone lately. I went home to see my parents for a few days and he was a mess when I came back.

I made it my duty to make sure he's okay, it's what any sane girlfriend would do. I still feel horrible about not speaking to any of the girls and lying to my parents about where I was for the holidays but I can't focus on myself right now. I have to watch over Zayn.

He was a lot different and I don't know whether it was a good or bad thing. He's more vocal about his feelings now but he just seems so much harder on everyone. One wrong move and he blows up.

I'm a little scared of messing up and having him blow up on me so I'm taking it slow and seeing how he reacts with everything I say.

We headed into campus without a word; I've learned to keep my mouth shut these past few weeks. I only speak when necessary or when Zayn speaks to me first.

"I'll meet you in Hall E after our morning classes and we'll go have lunch before our afternoon classes. I love you Perrie, I'll see you later." He said to me before leaving me in my classroom.

I walked in and thankfully none of the girls had this class too otherwise I'd be screwed. Class went on but I really wasn't paying that much attention. All I could think about was how angry the girls will be with me, especially Jade.

I sent her a text on her birthday and she sent me hundreds back asking what was going on and if I was okay but I was so scared that Zayn would find out I talked to her that I didn't dare respond.

I was terrified of my own boyfriend and I don't think that it's right. He just lost so many people all at the same time and found out that his dad had all this money all along.

I don't know why he reacted that way with the boys and every time I tried to ask him what that was all about he just got angry and walked away from me.

I want to know what's going on in his head but he just won't let me in. I don't understand because I've sacrificed a lot of things for him but he just can't see it.

Before I knew it, it was already lunchtime and I had to meet Zayn in hall E. I made my way there when I saw Niall and Leigh heading my way.

I quickly turned into a hallway so they wouldn't see me. The looked to be deep in conversation and if they saw me it would spark so many things and I don't think Zayn would like it very much.

Niall looked like he was on the verge of tears and Leigh was just comforting him. I wonder what happened...

Niall's POV

"I don't know what to do Leigh... I can't believe I actually did that to Jesy." I told my friend. It was our first day back and I was avoiding Jesy.