Chapter 49 - Acceptance and Approval

Leigh's POV

"So Leigh-Anne, what are you doing home early? I wasn't expecting you back for another 4 days or so." My dad explained.

We were eating and I was the center of attention for a change. "I just was feeling really homesick. I missed you guys a lot." I partially lied. I did miss them, but the real reason will stay hidden from them.

My sisters were gathered around the table, they were both visiting my dad with their children.

"Well, we've missed you too Leigh but you've always wanted to go to Malibu. Why would you just waste the opportunity away?" My oldest sister asked me.

We weren't that close anymore because she chose to stay away from our family once she got married and had a kid.

"It wasn't a waste. I had a good time. I just missed England. Now can we just eat please?" I snapped. They aren't going to get the truth out of me that easily.

They all remained quiet, even my nephews. I didn't mean to be so rude, I just didn't want to be pestered anymore. I haven't gotten any phone calls since I've arrived.

I guess they didn't even care. I wondered if Louis even got my voicemail. "Well, we're happy you're back before the holidays." My dad said.

"Are we still celebrating here grandpa?" One of my nephews asked. "Yes bud, everyone will be here this year, even grandma." My dad said with a smile.

My parents never got along after the divorce so it was quite a surprise to hear that my mum will be spending the holidays with us this year.

"Your friends are welcome to come Leigh-Anne." My dad smiled and I just nodded and continued eating.

After dinner I headed upstairs to my room. I took a deep breath and opened my phone. I got 2 missed calls from Louis and 1 from Jade, Jesy, and Liam. I clicked on the voicemail button and put in my password.

Louis' voice came up first. "Leigh, I know it's hard seeing everyone coupled up and everything but we're in Malibu and we should just have fun and enjoy the sun. Please don't go, I haven't told them yet but if you don't reply I will."

I selected the delete option and listened to the next one. Jade's angry voice popped up, "Leigh-Anne Pinnock, you better get your ass off of whatever plane you're on. Come back right now or else." I deleted that one too.

Next was Jesy, "Leigh, please listen. I know that you're probably overwhelmed with all the couples and everything but please don't go. This trip was for us to have fun and I'm sorry that I was a little preoccupied but I promise things will be better. Please don't go Leigh."

I saved that one. Out of the four of us Jesy and I always got along the best. I know that it's been a couple rocky months with the fighting and the whole Niall thing but at the end of the day, Jesy is my best friend and I love her to death. I would do anything for her in a heartbeat.

The last message was from Liam, I felt really bad leaving just like that after he probably went through so much trouble to get us there.

"Leigh, I don't really understand why you're going and I'm sure you have a good explanation for everything but you can't leave. I went through a lot to make sure we all have a good time so you should stay." Liam said on the voicemail.

I saved that one too. I owe him an apology. I quickly looked for his number and after a few rings he picked up.

"Leigh! Where are you? Are you alright? Do you need me to get you a ride back here?" He pounded me with questions that made me giggle.