Chapter 50 - Is This True?

Zayn's POV

I felt terrible for leaving Perrie at the hospital especially since she just met my sisters yesterday and it might be awkward for them.

She did tell me she would be okay and to call as soon as I was done talking with the lawyer and my mum.

I sped to my house and entered slowly, making sure not to alarm anyone. "Hello Zayn, this is Sam our attorney." My mum said as I entered the living room.

I shook his hand, "Nice to meet you sir." I said to him and he nodded at me. "You as well son, I'm very sorry for your loss." He said to me and I just nodded.

"So Zayn, I asked to talk to you in person because your father has left all his assets under your name. Since you are over the age of 18, you're the one that must sign the papers." He explained to me.

"I know this is a lot to take in honey so ask all the questions you need to ask." My mum said and rubbed my back.

"So wait... what assets? We're not rich or anything like that." I informed him. "Well, on your father's Will, he specified that his car, house, and bank accounts be placed under your name." He spoke as he looked over the papers.

"Mum did you know about this?" I asked her and she shook her head. "I guess he changed it when we filed for divorce." She sighed.

"So he left nothing to you?" I asked her. She shook her head; "I just got these letters for all of us." She motioned to the envelopes in her hand.

"So Zayn, I just need your signature so I can get all the documents set up under your name. It will take about a few weeks time, since it is the holiday season it might be longer so you'd have to wait till the New Year to have everything done." He explained and I just nodded.

He handed me the papers and I signed where I was supposed to sign. I can't believe this... why would he leave everything to me?

"Mum can I have my letter?" I asked her, she nodded and found the one addressed to me and passed it over.

I excused myself from them and locked myself into my room. I sat down on my bed and I took a deep breath.

I opened the letter and saw my father's neat writing.

Dear, Zayn

If you're reading this then I've probably passed away. I know you must have a lot of questions about why I've left everything to you and this letter will answer all your questions, hopefully. First of all I just want you to know how truly sorry I am for what I have done to our family. I know that you will never forgive me and I understand that, I don't expect you to, just know that I love you very much. I've recently changed my will because I've realized that you are now that man of the house. It is your responsibility to take care of your mother and your sisters. I want to leave the house under your name because I don't want your mother to worry about the house. I also left you my car so you can finally replace that old car of yours. I also leave you all my money, I expect you to use it wisely to take care of you and your sisters and most importantly your mother. I know you thought we didn't have a lot of money but I was keeping it all for this moment. I saved all my money just in case I suddenly passed away. I needed to make sure you guys lived comfortably after I was gone. I have left you my whole life savings. Please take care of your mum for me. I know I've done you all wrong but please believe me when I say that I love you all so dearly.

Take care always,

Dad