Chapter 29 - Second Chances

Liam's POV

Where the hell did Jesy, Niall, and Leigh go? "Looks like you're out of luck Li. Jade and I are the champions tonight!" Harry said to me. I laughed with him and pushed him aside.

I've gotten used to the idea of Harry and Jade these past months; I've accepted the fact that she wasn't for me. I've moved on and I'm happy for them both.

"For tonight Styles. I gotta find me better people to play with." I cried and they all laughed.

We let other people play on the table and we all headed inside, "Where did those three go?" Louis asked us.

I shrugged and walked away from them and I reached the living room. "Liam! We need one more player, come on." I heard Seth say.

Seth was part of our fraternity last year, he's a nice guy, so why not? "Okay, what are we playing?" I asked as I approached them on the floor.

"The paper game thing. What's its actual name?" A girl beside Seth asked. "You do know how to play right?" She questioned.

"The one where you have to use your lips to pass the paper around?" I asked to make sure. I don't know why but I've always enjoyed these games.

She nodded. "Okay, I'm in." I said. "Okay, sit between Sophia and Natalia." Seth instructed me and pointed to a brunette and blonde across me.

I moved to sit between the two girls. "Hey Liam, I'm Natalia." The blonde said, I waved at her and Seth told us all to shush as the game was starting.

Seth passed it on to the girl beside him and the girl passed it the guy beside her, he reached over to Natalia and passed it to her no problem.

Natalia moved towards me and winked as she dropped the paper from her lips. "Oops." She said and leaned in and kissed me before I could do anything.

Her lips were plump but she was a sloppy kisser. She tried to force her tongue down my mouth but I was not having it. I pulled away and gave her a smile. Everyone in the circle laughed.

"Don't eat his face off Nat." Aaron said. He was another guy that used to live here with us. I kinda miss him, he's sometimes rude but he's a very smart person. He would always help us with our schoolwork.

"Shut up Aaron, you weren't complaining when my mouth was around you last week." Natalia winked and Aaron pretended to gag.

"I was drunk and high." He explained to everyone. "Okay Aaron, we know, we know. Payne, keep the game going." Seth instructed.

I grabbed the piece of paper from the floor and placed it in my mouth. I turned to the brunette beside me, Sophia, I think was her name.

I moved closer to her and just before she could get the paper, it fell on the floor. "Ooh, looks like it's Payne's lucky night." Aaron teased.

I looked at Sophia for approval, she gave me a light nod and I leaned in and our lips touched.

I was shocked. I got butterflies in my stomach; I felt fireworks, the whole deal. I really liked Danielle, my ex-girlfriend, but I never felt this way when we kissed.

It was a short kiss but the feelings lingered. I looked at her and she was blushing, there was no doubt in my mind that she felt it too. The look she gave me said it all.

I looked at her, I mean really looked at her. She was beautiful, absolutely stunning. Her brown eyes were bright and her long straight brown hair shined under the dim light.

I was just stunned by her beauty. "Earth to Liam! Hello, we're in the middle of a game right now!" Seth yelled at me but I ignored him.

I moved towards her and leaned into her ear, "Wanna get a drink with me?" I whispered. She nodded and I got up and pulled her along.