Chapter 26 - Intervention

Zayn's POV

"Where do you want to go today babe?" I asked Perrie as we hopped into my car.

"Um, I would really like something hot. It's freezing." She said as she turned the heat up.

I nodded and drove to the nearest café. It was a small space just outside of campus and most kids from the university go here to get their coffee fix when the carts on campus have a huge line up.

We walked in and I stood in line while Perrie tried to find us seats. I ordered our usual and waited for them to be ready.

I looked around for Perrie when I got our food and drinks and I found her frantically waving towards the left in the back.

"You look funny when you do that." I told her when I got to the table. "Well you don't have very good eye sight! I had to get your attention somehow!" She laughed.

Perrie's laugh was a beautiful sound. These past 4 months have been amazing with her. We spend almost every single day together and I have yet to get tired of her and I never will.

"So, my mom called me to tell me she said okay to letting me go with you guys to Liam's beach house in Malibu!" She said as she took a bite out of her muffin.

"That's amazing! I've never been allowed to go there. Liam's parents have invited me numerous of times but my parents have always said no." I explained to her.

"Well good thing they let you go this time around!" She said with a bright smile.

"Yeah, it's probably cause my mom doesn't want me home and stressing about Doniya or the divorce." I told her and she frowned.

"Zayn, don't say that. She wants you to have fun and I'm sure your sister will wake up soon." She comforted me and placed her hand over mine on the table.

I took her hand in mine and gave it a swift kiss. Today's the day, I've been trying to talk myself into doing it but I'm always too scared to.

"Perrie? Can I ask you a question?" I said to her. She nodded at me and smiled that big smile that I loved.

"These past 4 months have been amazing. I know that when we met we weren't exactly on the best terms and I'm sorry for that. I want you to know how much I care about you, you know that I'm crazy about you and I would do anything for you." I started. I'm rambling but there's just so much I want her to know.

"You're an incredible person and I'm so lucky to have been given the chance to know you. I want you to know that I would have done this sooner but I've chickened out so many times." I said with a laugh. She just kept looking at me with those big blue orbs.

"I was hoping, I mean if you want..." I rambled. I can't say it, I'm too nervous.

"Yes Zayn." She whispered, already knowing the question. I looked at her for confirmation on what I heard.

"Yes you'll be my girlfriend?" I asked, finally saying the word. She nodded at me and we both stood up and gave each other a hug.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to ask you that." I said to her once we were both in our seats.

"I didn't think you wanted me to be your girlfriend. I thought you didn't like labels and all that." She said shyly.

"That was the old me. You're the first girl that I've wanted to be my girlfriend. I've never really had one before so you have to bear with me." I said to her honestly.

"Zayn, I think you've been doing fine. You just have to be yourself cause that's the person I enjoy being with the most." She said to me and quickly gave me peck on the cheek.