Chapter 38 - Keeping Secrets

Niall's POV

Finally! We're here! I got to keep the same room from the last time I was here; the only bad thing is sharing a bathroom with Leigh, Harry, and Louis. We should be able to make it work. Hopefully.

I was the first one unpacked and I headed downstairs to the kitchen. It was quarter to 6 now and Johnny was busy in the kitchen.

"Horan! Haven't seen you in awhile! How are things?" He asked. Johnny's only 27 but he's achieved so much already. Liam's parents fly him around everywhere. He even stayed at Liam's house for a few months back when we were 16.

"Everything's good, how are you? How's Nikki?" I asked him. Nikki is his girlfriend; they've been together for a very long time. "I'm alright, Nikki and I are engaged now!" He responded.

What? That's awesome. "Congrats mate! I'm so happy for you guys! Give her a shout out from me okay?" I told him and he nodded.

"Please tell me you've made white chocolate brownies for dessert!" I begged him and he chuckled. "Only for you Niall." He laughed and pointed at the brownies on the table. They looked like they just came out of the oven.

I ran up to him and hugged him, "You are honestly the best." I said to him and then I heard a cute laugh by the door.

"Jes! This is Johnny, the best cook in the entire world. Johnny, meet Jesy, the best girl in the entire world!" I said and introduced them. Jesy turned red and tried to hide her face from me.

Johnny stuck out his hand and shook hands with Jesy. "So nice to meet Niall's girl." He said and we both looked at him.

"I'm not dating Niall." Jesy said with another cute laugh. "Oh, my bad. I just thought since..." Johnny started but I nudged him. He looked at me and I gave him a look that said, 'later'.

"Dinner will be served soon. Why don't you two relax for a bit? Watch some TV?" He asked and motioned to the remote for the TV in the kitchen.

I grabbed it and flipped through the channels. "You alright Jes?" I asked her since she hasn't spoken since Johnny's comment. She just nodded.

I looked back and saw that Johnny was busy cooking so I pulled Jesy into the dining room and looked her in the eyes. "What's wrong? Why won't you tell me?" I asked her.

"Because I can't. I can't tell you." She said and looked at her toes. I pulled her face up and I looked deep into her hazel eyes. I leaned in and our lips touched slightly. She tried to pull back but I just pressed her against me.

"I can't just be your friend Jesy. I can't, it's been driving me mad. I want you Jessica. I always have. Stop fighting this, stop fighting us please. You owe it to yourself, you deserve to be happy." I told her.

"Niall stop this please. We all agreed, and you and I wouldn't work." She said and pushed me off. I'm no longer going down without a fight. I know now that I want this girl bad and I'm going to get her.

"Why not Jessica? Tell me why!" I semi-shouted. She looked at me and sighed, "You said it yourself, that you aren't ready for a relationship again. You said we would stay friends and it would be okay that way."

"I didn't know what I was thinking okay? I can't get you out of my head Jesy. I still want you. I want to be with you. Please give us a chance. I want to become a better boyfriend. You won't regret it. I'm ready to start a new slate." I explained to her.

I meant every word, I am scared to be in a relationship again but I know that I will be better than before with Jesy. I want to prove not only to her but also to myself that I can do this. I can love again.