Chapter 32 - Finding Solutions

Perrie's POV

It's been a week since Jesy and Leigh stopped talking to each other. Jade and I have no idea what to do. The only good thing about this is that it's finals and we're all too busy with studying.

Down side to this? We can't study with one another. I have to stay with Leigh while Jade is with Jesy. For the past, however many years, we've always studied with one another.

This time is different I guess. It was just so much easier when there were four of us. When we didn't get a certain thing, there was always one of us who knew it and could help.

Now when I didn't understand anything, I'd have to go to another person in my class or my professor to understand it. It's just a lot more work.

"Pez, I'm gonna head out to the library. Want to come with?" Leigh asked as she swung her bag on her shoulder.

I shook my head, "No thanks Leigh. Zayn said he'd come over in a little while so we could study." I smiled at her.

"Okay, see you later." She said and closed the door behind her. Finally, I can have the place to myself.

Zayn really wasn't coming over; I just wanted a reason to have the room for myself. For the past week I've been obligated to go with Leigh wherever she wanted to go. I just wanted time to myself.

I put my textbook away and decided to lie down on my bed. This week has been so stressful; I can't wait to leave for America.

I heard a knock on my door and I got up to open it, "Pez, can I come in?" It was Niall, of all people.

I ushered him in and he sat on Leigh's bed. "What's up?" I asked him. He looked tired and absolutely exhausted.

"How's Leigh?" He sighed. I looked at him and I felt bad. As much as we hated Jesy and Leigh fighting, we couldn't blame Niall at all.

"Honestly, she hasn't talked about it at all Niall. She's focusing all her energy towards studying. Every time I ask her if she's alright, she ignores it and changes the subject." I told him.

"She's barely answering my texts or my calls." He said. "I don't know what I can do differently Perrie. They're both my friends. I don't want to hurt them."

I gave him a sympathetic smile, "Just be honest with yourself and them. Who do you really want to be with Niall?" I asked him.

"If I were to answer you honestly Perrie, I want to be with Jesy. But I've been thinking this past week, I'm not sure I'm ready to jump in a relationship just yet. I know that I like Jesy and I do want to be with her, but after Sam, I'm just scared." He told me.

I remember what Zayn told me about Sam, how that guy raped her and how Niall went mad. I feel bad for Niall, I really do.

"If you aren't ready, it's okay Niall. Don't push yourself into it just so you can say you have a girlfriend, you know?" I told him.

He nodded, "Yeah, I don't want a repeat of last time." He said with a very sad tone.

I walked up to him and gave him a hug, "I know we aren't as close, but know that I'm always here for you." I told him.

"Thanks Perrie. I appreciate it, I mean that." He said with a small smile. "I better go, I need to study."

I led him to the door, "Jesy and Leigh, they'll be okay. Don't worry too much about it. They both care about you very much Niall. They'll understand that you don't want to hurt anyone." I told him before he left.

I shut the door and went back to my bed. I picked up my phone and called Jade. "Hello?" She answered.

"Jadey, are you and Jes in your room?" I asked, I was simply too lazy to walk across the hall and knock.