Chapter 39 - Is This Our End? (Part 1)

Harry's POV

"Jade are you ready yet?" I yelled at the door. After dinner we all hurried to get ready to go to the beach and Jade was taking forever. Jesy left with Niall about 5 minutes ago and Jade said she would be right out.

"Give me two more minutes Harry." She yelled back. What the heck is going on? Why is she taking forever? "It's just the beach. Put on your swimsuit and let's go babe." I shot back at her.

The door opened and she came out. Her hair was up in a ponytail and she was wearing the cutest two-piece. "You look very fit." I complimented her as I grabbed her waist.

"Thanks?" She laughed and pushed herself away from me. She grabbed something that looked like a cover up out of her bag and put it on her. It covered her up nicely, "What did you do that for?" I asked her with a pout.

"I can do whatever I want." She giggled and ran down the stairs without me. "Come on Haz. What's taking you so long?" She teased as she exited through the back door.

I ran up to catch up with her but she was already outside sitting with Perrie when I got there.

"What took you so long?" She questioned with a laugh. I picked her up and put her on my shoulders and ran. "Harry! Put me down!" She yelled and hit my back. "Nope!" I shot back at her.

I ran away from the group so we could have some time for just the two of us. Once we were far enough I put her down. She stumbled a bit so I held on to her to steady her.

"Why did you do that?" She asked with a cute angry face. I grabbed her face and softly kissed her. She was surprised but kissed me back. It was short but everything felt the same.

Every time we kiss, I still get the same feeling. It hasn't gone away. I don't think it ever will. "I think we should talk Jade." I said and I got a heavy feeling in my stomach.

"About what?" She asked, worried. "It's nothing bad." I reassured her and her face changed.

"You know how much I care for you right? How much I'd be willing to do for you?" I asked her.

"Of course Harry. I know all of that. You remind me all the time." She said with a smile. I don't know what words to use to explain what I'm trying to get across.

I sighed. "Harry... why does this feel like..." She began but I stopped her. "No, no. Just... I know that it's been months of this. Months of me reminding you how much I care for you and what I'd be willing to do for you. I know you've been waiting for me to ask you a certain question." I started.

"And?" She waited but I shook my head. "I'm not there yet Jade. I want to be my very best for you, you know that." I explained to her.

Her face turned angry and I felt a weird feeling inside, "Yes Harry, I do know that. It's all you ever tell me. You always tell me I deserve the best. Have you ever thought about the fact that I don't care about that at all?" She yelled.

"All I want is you, it's all I have ever wanted. You've shown me so much these past months. You've shown me how much fun I could have if I wasn't so uptight. You showed me another side of me that I didn't even know existed." She sighed and shook her head.

"All I want is for you to be mine Harry! Why don't you see that?" She finally yelled. I've only seen Jade this angry once. When we were in the middle of the street at 1 am screaming back and forth.

"You don't know how hard it's been for me! People on campus stare at me and whisper things. They call me your hoe; they call me your bitch. Of course it doesn't affect you because you're used to it." She yelled louder.