Sickness // Barry Allen x Reader

When you woke up that Wednesday morning you knew something was off. You weren't feeling quite yourself. Yet, you decided to go to work at STAR Labs. On your way there you were coughing from time to time and shivering but you were in the middle of the winter so you guessed you were just cold.

"Morning guys" you greeted everyone as you walked into the cortex.

"Wow, what happened?" Cisco asked the moment he saw you.

"Nothing, why?" You replied sitting on a chair.

"You look awful" he pointed out.

"Thank you?" You chuckled. "I think I might be catching a cold, but don't worry, it will be over in a couple of days" you shrugged it off as you turned on the laptops.

Your work at the labs was your passion. You were a robotic engineer hired by Harrison Wells. Of course, that was before the particle accelerator exploded and created all those metahumans, before you al found out Wells wasn't exactly Wells and...basically, before life turned complicated for everyone.

When the accelerator exploded those who didn't die just left the place. All except Cisco, Caitlin and you. They were like a family to you, they took you in the moment you put a feet into the facility just a few days after arriving all alone to Central City. You were from San Francisco but working for Harrison Wells was something you couldn't say no to, so there you were. Four years later.

"Sorry I'm late, I got caught in traffic" Caitlin said walking into the cortex with a cup of coffee from Jitters on her hand. "Wow, (Y/N), are you ok?" She asked when she saw your face, causing Cisco's laugh.

"C'mon! Do I look that bad?" You asked frowning.

"I think you should go home and rest" was Caitlin reply.

"It's just a cold, I'm sure" you sighed.

But it wasn't. By the middle of the day you have been told to go home by everyone who came to the labs: Wells, Jesse, Cisco, Caitlin...everyone. It was frustrating. Even Barry sent you a text from Star City telling you to go home. Of course you didn't listen to them since you didn't feel that bad, but when it was already dark outside you forced yourself to go home after Caitlin told you had fever.

When you woke up the next day, you had to call Caitlin to tell her you wouldn't be going to work today. You felt even worse than the day before.

"Don't worry, we have everything covered here, I promise" she assured you before hanging up.

Still you felt bad for staying at home. Not just because you wouldn't be able to help if something came up, but also because today Barry would be coming back from Star City after five days and you wouldn't see him after how much you had missed him. That wasn't strange since you had spent every single day with him since the moment he came in still in a coma. But it wasn't until a few months ago that you had the courage to tell how you felt about him, just to find out he felt the same way all along.

Ever since, you were dating, which had turned out to be the biggest adventure of your life. He was fun, smart, sweet and loving, but he was also so protective and stubborn that it got to your nerves. You understood he was The Flash, a hero, but he didn't understand you could make your own choices. Still, you loved him like you never loved anyone before and you couldn't wait to see him again.

By noon you finally got a text from him saying he was back at STAR labs:

Back at the labs, how are you feeling? – Barry

You smiled a little at the text and sighing, wishing you had been there to hug him and kiss him, ignoring Cisco's complains.

Feverish and missing you L - (Y/N)