Final chances

Cisco x Reader
This is the last time, Ramon," you snapped at the man in front of you. "You only get this last chance. If you're late, by even a minute, that's it."
Cisco's face falls and he nods, rubbing his hands together slightly. "Okay," he says. "I'll be there, I promise."
You nod slightly and watch him for a moment, and he does the same. You finally break his stare and walk out of the Cortex, your hands pushing into your pockets as you walk out into the cold night.
This was the fourth form you and Cisco had tried to go out, mostly just for coffee, but as more than just friends. He had ditched you every time, and this was the last chance you were giving him.
You were sick of feeling like you weren't good enough, or that he just wasn't interested in you anymore. You had tried so many times but it just never happened.
So going a few more days, it was now date night. You sat at Jitters with your H/C hair down and a white/cream beanie on your head. Your coat was still buttoned and zipped up, because it was freezing and you hadn't drank your coffee yet.
Your eyes stared out of the windows, willing Cisco to appear.
A minute went by. He was going to be late in thirty if he didn't make it.
Three minutes. You were sighing and figured you were overreacting.
It was now ten minutes until Cisco would be late. You had since then taken your coat and hat off, running your hands through your hair, braiding small strands, doing anything to occupy yourself.
Five minutes now. You checked your phone; nothing from Cisco, but just Barry texting you, making sure you were fine.
Barry was your best friend for as long as you could remember, and he was your hero long before he was the Flash.
You quickly replied with a yeah, noting that you were probably overreacting.
He said the same, he said not to worry so you didn't, but as time went by, you realized Cisco had been ten minutes late already. You gave him some slack but this was all.
You teared up a bit and sighed, finishing your coffee before walking out.
But the sad thing is, once you had gone, Cisco rushed in with his cheeks and nose red. His car broke down and there were no cabs so he ran all the way here, and he was still late.
And you weren't there.
Because he never was.