xxii. •Tyler•

xxii. •Tyler•

"What do you mean I can't see him!?"

"That's bullshit if you ask me."

"This isn't fucking okay!"

I screamed at the lady at the front desk in the psyciatric center.

"What's all this screaming I hear? Oh, hi Tyler."

I whipped my head around to see Olivia Moore, smiling at me.

"Come with me," she motioned. I followed her to an office that looked almost identical to the one upstairs, except it was down here.

"Take a seat."

"I know the procedure."

"Tyler, I know you're angry about this, but-"

"Alright, Olivia, what would you be doing if the person you loved was going through a hard time and couldn't get through things? Would you want to stay out of it or be there for him the whole time? Now let me see him!"

"Tyler. Troye has agreed with me that it would not be best for him to see you during this rough time in his life."

My heart dropped, "No, no you're lying."

"I'm afraid I'm not. This will be a temporary thing, but he has wished to not see you for a few months."

"Months? Months?" I didn't think I could do it.

"I'm sorry Tyler," she replied and stood up, "It is now time for you to leave."

I stood up and started to leave as she said, "Do you want me to usher your way out?" while putting a hand on my shoulder.

I shook off her hand and shot her a cold glare, "I think I'm good, thanks."

I stormed out of the room and down the hallways. I bumped into a girl during my rage and quickly apologied.

The girl grabbed my arm, "Tyler?"

I turned around to face the girl.

"I'm sorry I can't take pictures right now," I told the girl and tried to leave but she woulddn't let go of my arm.

"I don't want a picture," she whispered.

"Are you alright?" I asked her, I hadn't meant to be so rude.

"I-I'm Troye's friend."

"Can you take me to him?" I anxiously asked.

She silently nodded and we walked in silence.

"I'm sorry this happened to him," she muttered.

"Me too," I told her.

"Wait, if you're gonna talk to Troye, I need to know what you know."

"He's depressed. And sick. And they need to help his depression to help make him feel better."

She nodded, "Do you know what the disease he has is?"

"No," I shook my head, "They wouldn't tell me."

"Osteoporosis."

I gave her a confused look, "That's a bone disease. How could his depression cause this?"

She sighed, "I thought the same thing at first but I guess depression can lead to high levels of cortisil, a stress hormone, and can lead to bone loss. I mean genetics also plays a part in it, but this just made Troye's risk even higher. It's also really hard to treat when his level of cortisil is that high."