xxvi. •Tyler•

xxvi. Tyler

I sat in my bedroom on my laptop mumbling the tune to some song playing on my spotify. I liked the feeling of being back home; it was nice and peaceful. It was just missing one thing: Troye. He had gone out to lunch with Ashley, and that made me happy. It was good that he had someone he could rely on, other than me. Not that it wasn't nice having him with me twenty-four seven, because if I was being fully honest, that's what I'd want, it was just reassuring that there were other people who were also looking out for him.

Suddenly, the phone rang. I looked at the caller I.D. It was the hospital. I sucked in a deep breath but it got caught in my thoat. Just breathe, Tyler.

"Hello?" I picked up the phone.

"Yes, Hello. Is this Tyler Oakley?"

"Yeah," I said. My voice shook a little at the end and I was super nervous something had happened to Troye.

"Your friend, Troye Mellet's doctor would like to speak with you at the hospital."

"Oh, okay." I could hear the anxiety in my own voice.

"Alright, he would like to go over some x-rays with you and what can happen to go over Troye's treatment plan."

The biggest smile I had had in weeks appeared over my face.

"Okay! When should I be there?"

"As soon as you possibly can."

"Is a half an hour alright?"

"Perfect. Just let the receptionist know why you're here and she'll direct you to the doctor."

"Okay," I smiled.

"Have a good day," and I heard the click of the phone.

I clicked the off button on my phone to end the call and hurridly got ready.

-

"Lovely to see you today, Mr. Oakley." The doctor standing in front of me was holding out his hand for me to shake it.

"Alright, well let's get down to business," he said clasping his hands together.

"To defeat the huns," I mumbled under my breath.

"Mulan," The doctor chuckled as he got to typing on his laptop, probably pulling up some of Troye's results.

"Yeah," I blushed. I hadn't thought he'd heard.

"I love Disney," I muttered.

The doctor laughed and was about to say something as he stopped himself.

"Come on, let's go get the results." He shut his laptop and put it under his arms and I followed him. He grabbed whatever he had printed and then walked into a room where x-rays were shown on the screens on the walls.

"These are Troye's x-rays."

I nodded.

"As you can see, this one here," he pointed, "Is a frontal x-ray."

I nodded again.

"We expected to see fractures in the ribs but he's been lucky. There's also a lung disease which was also negative. Since he doesn't have that, I'm not going to get into the details. We couldn't really find anything wrong other than his mild osteoporosis but-"

"Wait, hold on!"

"Yes, Mr. Oakley?"

"Mild?!"

"Yes, mild, today I would also like to talk to you about his treatment plan and-"

"She told me it was life threatening. That's why he had to stay here. It was so bad that he had to stay. Ugh, he just wants to get out, too."