Chapter-35

Sourya's Pov

"Why are you doing all this?"My brother Mr.Rohith Mishra asked me in an angry tone.

"What you think Rohith?"I called him with his name after two decades,I used to call him with his name when we both were teenagers that was the time we used to share every thing to each other,I stopped calling him as such by the time he got married.

I sighed and Still I can feel the same nervesnouss between us.We were never shared an emotion which siblings used to share all the time,our relationship was very dry don't know why?!Whose fault is it?!

I know He will be baffled to see me there at the office but Prateek was so stubborn and he wants me to be there at the time of Ashok's arrest.

Prateek wants me to confront Rohith at the moment because he guessed very perfectly that there must be someone who has to boost up his self-esteem.He will feel low,he needs a hand equivalent to him in all ways just to make sure that he will be sound and safe.

But he hasn't changed,His eyes are very cold and they are not at all willing to see the truth happening in front of him.I sometimes wonder is it ever possible for my beloves son?!Prateek to mend his cold heart?!But happy his efforts are paying,Look I am here standing in Mishra's industries rightfully.

Rohith is ageing yet his prejudice hasn't vanished.He declined my help and ran for another deal to Ashok which would have betrayed us Mishra's completely.

"What do you want to proove Sourya?"Rohith didn't answer my question he gave me another question as an answer.

"I want our family,including you to be happy"I looked into his eyes leaning a bit closer to his face watching his every damn expression.

He didn't talk anything and I continued.

"I always given you the respect an elder brother deserves but what did you gave me in return you ripped me apart from our family,my family.What would I have done to you?Rescuing our family was a crime?I respected my wife,her decisions,Was that a crime?Why would you bother if I foster a child?How many times I assured you that Either me or my children will ever claim for our legacy?I gave them my name,my sirname,It's enough for them"I growled at him anger.

He didn't answer me at all,Well look at his smug,pride on his face.He hasn't changed!He willn't change.I shook my head twice and about to move away from him.

"Can I ask you one thing Rohith?"I asked him for the last time.It's hard me to stop asking this question to him.

"What?!"He muttered under his breathe clenching his jaw.What has I done to him?!Why is he angry with me.I laughed humorlessly.

"Haven't you ever miss me?Haven't you ever felt my absence at home?"I was wondering whether he would ever felt as such in his life time.

He chocked at my question,his face became red out of embarrassment.

"You know mom and dad are missing me terribly,Haven't you ever thought about making me a simple phone call to me?"My lips twisted at the corner expressing my disappointment.

"Huh!"He sighed heavily and twirled to another side showing his back to me.

"Atleast you would have allowed me to met them?Why the hell I have waited for your permission to meet my parents.I am also their son."I am repenting a lot.

"Why do you hate me Rohith?because I forced a girl who is completely a stranger to me into marriage just to save our family?
Because I avoided my family just to satisfied you?Or because I was more a family man than you?"I left him there without another word.I have spoken enough to him.I don't think that there is anything left to talk.

"Chachu"I heard a girl's voice while coming from the room.

I saw a girl standing at the entrance.I am sure she might have heard our conversation.She looks so tensed and clasping the door and looking at me eagerly.

"Who are you?"A smile creeped on my lips.I saw her after two decades,She has changed a lot.She is no more a girl now,A well grown up woman.

"Adithi,Beta!"I caressed her hair and she hugged me instantly.

"I miss you beta!"I kissed her forehead and said wiping her tears falling from her eyes.

I am overwhelmed with her response,After all she doesn't despise me like her father,I scolded for my thought.She is my little Adithi and she would never hate me.

"How are you Diti?"I winked at her playfully.

"Fine,Chachu!Sameer"She showed me a boy,a boy about one or two years younger to Prateek.

I looked at him and Diti with wide open eyes wiping my tears

"Sameer Mishra,my brother"She budged him a bit.

"Sameer"I ruffled his hair,his eyes are admiring me,Thankfully they love me unlike their father.

"Chachu!Dadu wants to meet you"Diti said holding my hands for which Sameer nodded in agreement.

"I will be coming to Mishra's Bhavan tomorrow with your chachi and Shreya"I patted her hand gently.

"Dad!"She gazed at her Dad's cabin with a tensed face.

"Don't worry Diti!I know how to handle your dad."I nodded.

She smiled nervously.I ran my car to our gusethouse where Anu and Shreya staying these days.We visited Prateek's flat twice meanwhile,It is a small one with a single bedroom so we chose to stay here.

I halted my car and started walking towards the maindoor.

I searched for Prateek's car but didn't find it anywhere.

He left me there with Rohith giving me a very lame excuse but I sensed something is bothering him all the time.

I started calling his mobile it is out of reach and saw his car coming towards our gusethouse.