Chapter-6

Prateek's Pov

We halted in front of a restaurant,I saw Kritik waiting for us.I couldn't look at him,his eyes.I am avoiding his gaze,It's evident.

My fury,pain and guilt made me choke.I am feeling very much suffocated,guilt occupied my heart.What am I doing?

I am gawking at my friend's lover.How could I?!I took my goggles from my back pocket and covered my face to hide my expressions.

"Hai Swathi"He greeted her with a smiling face and said"I never thought you would come,Thank you soo much for accepting my invitation"He dragged a chair and gestured her to sit bowing his head a bit.

"Hey!Why are you standing there?Common man!"Kritik waved at me smiling signing at me to get it.

I just adjusted my goggles ,just strode with her to the table.She is looking a bit different now,A bit normal.I felt happy for her.

"So guys,What do you want for lunch?Here is the menu card.Please take it and tell me your choice"He pushed a menu card infront of us.

We three occupied three sides of the table leaving the fourth one empty.She is sitting beside me.I made my mind not to gaze at her at any cost.

"Just speak out guys,and you?!Why are you keeping a sulky face?Cheer up Bro.Your first day at office,It's party time"He looked at me with a dull face looking at my eyes covered with goggles.

"Nothing,My head is aching as hell"I looked at her again.Oh god!What is she doing to me ?Enthralling me with her looks!

"I didn't do anything,Really,I didn't,I Swear,even I helped him in office,Sorry if I irritated you.  "She nodded her twice and looked at us one after the other with a worried expression on her face.I felt bad,She completely misunderstood me,my words.

"Please keep quiet buddy,You are hurting my guest with your awful words."He gave a plastic grin asking me to keep quiet,warning me with his eyes.

"I didn't mean it"I said in a composed tone and looked away.

"Excuse me!"Kritik left both of us alone as he got a phone call from someone."Jeez!"What is he doing?!I want to punch him on his face.It seems he is playing a game with me!God!

"I didn't mean it as such,I am not well,"I looked at her shyly.

"I am sorry"She mumbled lowering her head.

Suddenly a song started playing behind,I looked around and humming it intentionally.

"Ahhhh!"I just want to bang my head to the wall in front of me.

"Beautiful eyes"

"Beautiful Smile...Beautiful face"

"Beautiful eyes...nothing but grace"

"Beautiful woman...looking amazed"

What is your name? what is your name?!

"Sorry guys!"Kritik winked at me smiling at DJ.Oh god!Its his play.He went to DJ and asked him to play this song.Such an Idiot.He purposefully took us to this restaurant which is for couples which provides delightfull food with heart melting music.

"Such a nice song!"He is smiling mischievously.

He looked at the DJ again and asked him to play another song signing at him with his hands something.He smiled back at My BFF Krithik and started playing another song.

"Kallu moosi terichelope
Gundeloke cheravve

Tanivi teera choodhamante
Paaripotheve

Rathirantha kalalokochi
Teepi kaburulu chebuthave

Tellavare yedhurai vasthe
Jaarukuntave

Oorinchake oorinchake

Aa konte chooputhoti
Nannu champake

Kavvinchake kavvinchake
Nee navvuthoti maaya cheyakule cheliya"

A series of romantic songs praising a woman's beauty are being played by him.I looked at Krithik who is smirking all the time.I am truly baffled now .I called the waiter and asked him to bring the ordered food quickly.

"Prateek"She looked at me suddey."Are you okay?You look so nervous!"Swathi asked me this time in a worried tone.

"I am okay and I can take care of myself"I said with a ting of smug in my voice.

"Oh what I did again?"My lower lip quivered out of embarrassment.

I just swallowed my food without bothering to chew it,taste it.I finished eating my food in a blink didn't bother to bat an eye on both of them.

"I have to go!"I stood up and informed them,covering my eyes with goggles.

"Hey!Are you okay?Is everything fine?You didn't have your lunch properly?Something is bothering you?I am worried now yaar!"Krithik stood up and asked me,whispering in my ear.

"Nothing!Please enjoy both of you,I need to go.I have some work."I stumbled for a second and finally flinched out of the sight in the very next minute.

I just walked away from them,from her.

Krithik playing the role of cupid

Rest of the day went terribly.I was hiding myself from her all the time.It became a tough task for me.

She was there all the time with me.I need to do something.She is spoiling my mission,Why I am here?I am here to mend those cold hearts who admonished me,My family but I am doing now is unjustified.

I felt relieved a bit after reaching my flat.I had a refreshing bath,I just laved the dirt out of my brain.She can't affect me from now yet I am feeling a bit sad and worried.

I picked my phone and called Dad without any hesitation.

I learnt how to love unconditionally from him,He loves mom with his whole heart.He just waits for her sign before taking any decision,that's the love and respect he shows to his beloved wife,They banter and bicker a lot yet at the end of the day they are the most adorable couple.

"Dad"I can't help but grin soon he answered my call.

"Prateek,How are you?"He is very much worried.

"Dad I am fine"I smiled.

I am back!Prateek is back,I felt really relaxed.

"That's great"He chuckled.

"I need your help dad"I am waiting for his answer........