Chapter-34

#8 in General fiction Never expected this,thanks a lot all of you

Swathi's Pov

"Dad"I whispered in Prateek's ear tugging his shirt very firmly.

"I will take care of him,Don't worry"He patted my shoulder.

"Who is he?What is he doing in your bedroom?"Dad just yelled at him with furious eyes scrutinizing Prateek,his appearance from head to toe while I am standing behind him still tugging his shirt.

"I am Prateek Mishra,S/o Mr.Sourya Mishra.I love your daughter with all my heart and I am so sure she too loves me as much as I love her.I am here to ask you her hand for marriage."He said very confidently which stole my heart.He confessed his love looking into Dad's eyes with his very own smirk playing on lips.I can't take my eyes off him.I am proud of him,his words.

"What the hell are you talking?"Dad was so vociferous and shouted at him madly.

"I love your daughter so much,I want to marry her and start a new life with her.I want to fulfill all my dreams holding her hands.I promise that I won't leave this hand till my last breathe"He said to dad smiling with a pleasant face clasping my hand firmly.

"Oh really?!Then what are you doing in my daughter's room if you want to marry her?A man with such a motive would never sneak into girl's room like this that too in this odd hour?Probably you parents haven't taught you how to behave with a girl?"Dad furiously lunged at Prateek made him fell on ground.

"Dad!You can't do this to him.I love him so much"I reached Prateek in a single stride and cupped his cheek,Oh my!His lip is broken and bleeding profusely.

"Are you okay?"I asked him cupping his face with my palms.I am feeling ashamed of my dad's behavior.

"Swathi!"Dad shouted at me.

"Dad!I love him soo much.Don't hurt him please"I hugged his leg and literally begging him to stop fussing the issue.

"I never thought that a day would come as such where I have to see my daughter romancing with a guy secretly in my own house"He said sarcastically blaming me,my character pulling me away from him,Prateek caught me in time.I am sure he is completely baffled at my dad's weird behaviour.

"Dad!Please,for god sake don't embarass us with your words,We love and adore each other.We can't live without each other.Please accept this dad"I don't know from where I mustered all my courage to say these words to him looking into his eyes on face.

"What have you did to my girl,my angel.He never talked against me in her life time"Dad clenched his fist to lunge at Prateek again.

"Stop it!"Prateek's bloodshot eyes are glaring with anger at my dad.

He almost twisted his arm catching his wrist in time as I saw dad wincing and bellowing in pain.

"You are here to teach morals,ethics and traditions. Who are you?You!yourself is an abuser Mr.Sathya Prakash.Where was that father who thought morals and ethics to his daughter when she spent days crying alone in her room mourning at the death of her mom.Stop pointing at her character,You should be proud to have a daughter like her who worked hard like a horse just to quest her father's thirst by alcohol.You have no right to question her character.I didn't sneak into her room,I walked as royally as I am her boyfriend and I am her future husband and what did you say about my parents?!Didn't they teach me how to behave with a girl?Huh?!They taught me how to take care of a girl like a princess,they thought me how to take of my swathi who will be my wife,their daughter in law soon like a Princess.They would never teach me how to abuse a girl even  in a dream!Don't worry!She would be definitely free from those bruises."Prateek blowed dad's head with his bashing words.His last lines spat dad so hard and he took a step behind.

I can't stop admiring his words I am a fool to doubt him,his loyalty.He loves and adores me more than I love and adore myself.He believes and knows what I am.I wiped my tears and glared at both the men asking them to stop it here itself.

"Come with me Swathi!"He looked at me making me bewildered at his words.

"What?"I stammered looking at Dad!His fuming eyes.

"If not today tomorrow or some other day you need to walk away from a person like him holding my hand.Why can't we do it now?!"He smirked at dad twisting corner of his lips.

Like a very obedient girl to dad as I am,I looked at dad asking his persmission but his cold stare sent chills down my spine.

"Dad!"A lone tear escaped my eye and Prateek wiped my tears and placed his arm around my shoulder rubbing it gently.

"Dad!"He didn't flinch even an inch.How could be he like that?Where has been my sweet adoring dad?Who used to love me worry about me every moment.I sighed deeply and looking at him for the very last time to know his answer.

"I lost my daughter a second ago.I find her corpse romancing with a guy there......"Prateek just dragged me out before he could finish his words.

"How could he be so rude to his own daughter?"He banged the steering wheel so hardly which make his car almost quiver for a second.

I can't look into his eyes anymore,I am feeling ashamed of myself,my dad.How can he say those words to me?May be he has changed?May be he doesn't care about me anymore?May be I am dead,A living corpse for him?A loud sob left my mouth leaving it agape to gasp some air.

Prateek who was busy in banging the steering suddenly stopped his gaze on me,over my face.He took my face into his arms,placed a peck on my forehead and said

"You might have lost your place as a daughter in this home but a whole family is eagerly waiting for their daughter there asking someplace in your heart with all your permission and lots of love"His words echoed in my ears for hours.

Ride was so silent as I could hear Prateek tapping stearing wheel now and them impatiently awaiting for me,my speech.

I don't want to talk to anyone even with Prateek to,I closed my eyes and let all my tears flow our my cheek.