Chapter-23

Prateek's Pov

"Who is this Ashok?"I asked Krithik who is waiting for Avni at restaurant.

"Avni's Brother"He said smiling turning to me as his eyes are fixated on the entrance.

"What?Is he Avni's brother?!"I didn't believe what he just said,he is truly a surprise pack.

"Yes"He nodded his head smiling widely as he has no problem with the fact.

"And you have no problem with it?!"I asked him quickly.I don't know what is going in his mind.

"Avni hates her brother because he is more a gangster then a Business man and he is her Step Brother."He is smirking

I don't know what is he thinking and what is he going to do now but this guy is truly a mystery.

"Hai!"Avni came to our table and sat infront of us.

"Hai Avni,How are you?"Krithik is beaming and sighing dreamy.

"What do you want to talk to me Krithik,If its about us two then I am not going to entertain you anymore"She said very curtly on his face.

"Oh!I don't know Avni Why I am feeling very alone these days,Do you think I am missing my girlfriend?"He smirked.

"Ah!Shut up Krithik,I don't want to listen your senseless words"She took her hand bag and stood up and took a step ahead.

"It's all about Ashok,Your brother"Krithik got up in a blink of eye chased her and stood infront of her like a barrier.

"What?!"She stammered at him who stood there like a rock not at all flinching an inch.

"He is planning attacks on Mishra's.He is still doing those illegal businesses.He is after money,What all he wants is money,money alone.He doesn't hesitate to kill people for it.Such a monster"He said seriously clamping her wrist.

"Are you sure?"she asked gulping her saliva trying to control those tears pooled in her eyes.

"Yes!He already attacked Sameer and Shreya.Mishra's heirs"He said looking into her eyes.She is hurt, couldn't speak anything.She is chocking all of a sudden,feeling suffocated.

"You are journalist and you can find out the truth with in few seconds"He snapped his finger on face twirling around her.

"Are you sure?!"She asked me again."Do you have any proof?"She almost muttered.

"Proof?!"Krithik looked at her seriously and gave her a piece of paper.

"She was the girl with whom I slept that night"He said showing her a pic in his cellphone.

"Call her to the given number,She will tell you everything"He is still holding her wrist very firmly and I am worried if he is giving her some pain knowingly or unknowingly.

"Krithik!"She yelled his name.Its sad to see her outraged face,She is loosing her temper and literally crying in public place.

"Just get rid of your fake assumptions Avni,Come out from dark,Your brother is a notorious criminal.He is a cold blooded murderer"He is calling him names and she didn't resist him as my surprise.

"You know,He arranged that girl,send her to my room,created a fake news that I slept with that slut,and that rumour got circulated by those paid yellow journalists.You who heard those journalists grapevine broke up with me with out giving me a chance to explain the situation"He looked at her for her reply.

"I tried to contact you through every way by all means but you were so rigid and didn't gave me a chance.How many times did I warn you about your brother,you never paid attention to my words.You told me that he has changed and it's mere humanity to accept him as your brother but what is he doing?Killing people for the sake of money"This time Krithik yelled,I never saw Krithik like this in my life.His eyes are red and they are ready to kill her at any time.

"Krithik!"I shouted at him this time,I don't know where it ends.It looks like they love each other,I can see the pain in their eyes.

"You never listened to my words,You came to my house and showed those pics to my parents.Just think what would have they gone through after seeing them."He didn't stop.

"Krithik,Behave!"I shouted this time,he is dragging everyone's attention and I don't want people to talk about these two without a proper reason.

"Sorry!"He said gritting his teeth,clenching his jaw.

"Please go Avni,Take care"I patted her shoulder,She didn't speak anything and I soon messaged Swathi.She will be here any second.

She was there crying hard slumped on the floor.I am feeling bad for these two.I am truly unaware about the things.If yes I have tackled them in a different way.I just want to kill him for hiding things from me.

Probably I am not his best friend.How could he hide that incident from me.I them realised that I may be in US doing my MS that time,That was the time he used to talk about Avni for hours on phone and on one day he suddenly stopped contacting me for few months.

Later I felt sorry to learn that he has undergone an accident and everyone hide it from me.What ever it may be?!He has to answer my questions.He needs to give me some explanation according this.I won't leave him.

"Get down!"I stopped our car infront of our apartment.We didn't look at each other.We truly felt like two strangers who don't want to talk to each other.I walked to my flat hastily and opened the door.

He followed me and we are sitting in hall in utter silence.

"Hello!"I picked my phone and its Swathi.

"She reached home safely.I dropped her home.I will take care of her,don't worry"She assured me.

"Thank you"I smiled a bit and said.

He didn't say anything but listening to our words as I kept the call in speaker mode.I threw a glance at him and he just bite his lower lip in frustration.