Chapter-12

Prateek's Pov

It's hard for me to hide my tears they are truly uncontrollable,I swirled quickly,hiding my face,my emotions from others.I know Swathi is watching me from a corner of her eye but I didn't bother to look at her.My eyes are welled up with tears.I am crying all my heart.

I just walked away from the place thinking about my family,I am missing them terribly,I just want to see them once.No matter whether it is a man or a woman when it comes about one's family its hard for the person to supress these overwhelming emotions,My family is my strength,embodiment of love,my life.

Who told that A Grown up man can't cry?!I sighed,took a second to breathe and be myself.

"Are you okay?"I felt a hand over my shoulder and I am surprised to see Swathi there.

"Yes!"I just nodded hiding my face,eyes with goggles still hesitant to face her glances.

"Sure?"She came to me and asked me standing few inches away from me,What is she doing to me?!

"Yes!"I nodded and preferred to speak in monosyllables.

I am worried as I know I can't hide my emotions from her,Swathi at such a vulnerable situation which would complicate the issue even more,Now I know why silence is often considered as Gold.

"Sir wants to meet you"She stood on tiptoe peeped at my face from my behind.

"What?"I turned around so suddenly which made her stumble for a second.

"Mr.Mishra,Founder and Chairman of our firm wants to
meet you"She tried to act cold,I smirked and gestured her to move.I am following her,I know he will call me for sure.

"Hello,Young man"He smiled at me very sweetly soon I saw him,No one would think he is a billionaire,he is so down to earth.

It's Swathi's turn now,I was there all the time like a silent spectator a minute ago.Her eyes are capturing my every moment,I wonder did she find anything about me?Oh god!I gritted my teeth in suspense.

"Good morning sir,"I greeted him back but surprisingly fumbled for a second,I know why did I so?!

"Doctors just informed that Sameer is out of danger"His eyes are glowing.

"Ah!That's a very good news sir"I stood there infront of him smiling a bit.

"I truly don't know how to thank you,You truly don't know what you have done to us,You saved two more old people's lives along with my grandson"He smiled at me with teary eyes.

"Da....."I stopped and swallowed the other two letters which I am going to say unintentionally,Soon shook my head twice I came back to my senses after a second.

"Please sir,Please don't make me feel embarrass,He is just like my brother.How could I leave him there as such.I am your employee and it's my responsibility to protect him"I said sincerely.

"That's so nice of you"His voice is so shaky and he is too old to tackle all this.

"Who it would be Dadu?"Adithi Mishra,Mr.Rohith Mishra's daughter aka Diti,my sister looked at Dadu questioningly.

"Don't know!I just informed everything to DCP,He assured me he will take care of everything"He caressed her hair and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"What had happened?"My uncle,Mr.Rohith appeared all of a sudden from no where.

"He is fine,Don't worry"Dadu just patted his shoulder and made him sit,Dithi handed him a glass of water.

"He is fine dad"Dithi tried her best to assure him by her smile.

"We must thank this guy,He brought Sameer to hospital in time"Dithi pointed at me.

"I just can't thank you as such as Whom you saved is my Son"He looks so pale and very emotional.

"Please sir"I mouthed and smiled at him.

"Thank you"I mumbled.

"We have to say that"Rohith uncle patted my shoulder.

We all sat there in silence for few minutes and I started to my flat soon I heard a word from doctor.

I didn't say anything to Swathi,She was there standing in a corner watching me like a culprit.Jeez!What does she want from me?!Did she find the truth,I need to talk to her,Oh god!I sighed and walked away.

I felt happy to see my family but not this way,I am back to my flat and found the door open,No surprise!it is Krithik.

"Kritik!"I called his name,who is sitting there in the couch with a pale face void of any emotions.

"Hey Kritik!"I called him again while getting in.

"Hai Buddy!"He said with a sullen expression on his face.

"Is everything okay?You didn't come to Ocean park?"I asked him sitting infront of him.

"Nope yaar!"He lifted his head up and looked into my eyes.

I felt very different,his looks are gloomy and seems he is worried about something or someone.

"Is that about Avni?Did you meet her?"I felt suspicious over his behavior.

"Yes!"He gave the much emancipated answer.

"Opho!"I sighed,I can see his meeting didn't go well,I felt sorry for him.

"She doesn't love me you know"He said all of a sudden and is looking at me for an assurance.

"Come on!you are a fighter"I smiled a bit but he didn't even grin a bit.

"Is everything fine?"I asked him seriously this time.

"No yaar!She misunderstood me badly,I don't know what to do now?"He frowned.

"Oh no!"I heaved a sigh.

"What about Swathi?"He gave a puzzled look.

"Swathi?!"I shook my head in distress,She too misunderstood me like her friend,Oh god!I kept my secret with me.I don't want him to worry about me too,Poor guy,I never saw him like this in my life time.Hope everything will be okay soon,I wish they sort out the issue with all their love.

"She likes you a lot man,Can't you see that,Don't loose her dear!"He said something which is truly unbelievable for me.

"What?!"I stuttered out of shock.

"Whole college knows it,Don't bluff that you are unaware about this!"He grinned for a second.

"Really?"I mumbled.

"Don't act like a fool!"He stood up and said patting my shoulder.

Such a unfothamble fate,Don't know how and when it reveals things.Behind its every strong revelation there lies a reason......

Behind its every strong revelation there lies a reason

Prateek is Swathi's crush