Chapter-4

Kritik's Pov

"Hai"I felt nervous all of a suden,I waved at her and couldn't stop myself smiling at her.I got up and rambled towards her as such.

She took a second to recognize me"Hai"She greeted me back.She is sweating profoundly.Her face is so pale,I felt sad to look her as such.She always carries a smiling face,What happened to it?!

"Hello!"We looked at the third person my bestie,He is looking at us with a smirk on his lips.

"Hey Swathi,How are you yaar?"I asked her ignoring Prateek's smirk.

"I am fine,How are you Kritik?"Swathi said clasping her hands.

"It has been two long years Swathi,You haven't changed a bit"I said suppressing my laugh.

"Yes!"She nodded and looked around,peeped at the M.D's room.

"Sir wants to meet you both!"Receptionist pointed at both of them .

"Let us go!"Prateek gestured Swathi and Swathi followed his suite without a word.

I too followed them..

"Good morning sir!"Swathi greeted Mr.Mishra first.

"Very good morning Swathi!"He greeted her back but in authoritative voice.

"Good morning uncle"I greeted,though My dad and Sr.Mishra never talk heartily but he never illtreated me gladly.

"How is your Dad?And What made you come here?"He asked me a bit curtly placing the file on the table.

"I came here with my Friend,Pr...."I suddenly became consious and introduced Prateek as "Arjun,Arjun Prasad"I smiled at him.

"Oh!"He lifted his head and looked at Prateek aka Arjun.

"Good morning sir!"He greeted Mr.Mishra with a heart melting smile,as usual.

"Good morning Mr.Arjun?!"He looked at him keenly.

"So!You are the new appointee in the sales section"He looked straight into his eyes.

"Yes,Sir!"Prateek said confidently while Swathi is just gawking at all of us without a word.

"Don't you think you are overqualified for the post?"Mr.Mishra asked Arjun suspiciously.

"Yes sir,But I am in desperate need of a Job"Prateek is so confidently lying.

"But why?!"Mr.Mishra knitted his brows expecting a reliabele answer from him.

"I am in debts sir,I am the only breadwinner in the family.I. ran out of choice."Prateek said lowering his head a bit biting his lower lip with sullen expression on his face.

"Okay!I just want to offer you the post of Sales Manager and you have to take care of the sales section,Let me see how good your work would be!"He looked at him void of any expression.

"Thank you sir,I will do my best"Prateek smiled happily.

"You may go now"He looked at us,all of us.I saw Swathi heaving a sigh of relief,smiling a bit.

We just ran out of the cabin,the lion's cage.

"Thank god!"Swathi smiled happily.

"Swathi!Chill yaar"I smiled at her.

"And you buddy,You rocked it"I gave a pat to my bestie.

"Ha ha!"Prateek laughed loudly with a serious expression on his face.I felt a bit different.

"Prateek,You people almost killed me"Swathi smiled a bit.

"I just want to invite you both for lunch today"I winked at both of them.

"Sure Kritik"Prateek nodded.

"Ahh!I have some work Kritik"Swathi looked here and there.

"Please!Swathi"I asked her in adjuring tone.

"Okay!"She thought for a second and somehow made her mind.

I left the place happily dreaming,smiling madly.

Prateek's Pov

I felt relieved a bit and looked at Swathi who is smiling a bit.

"You can smile now"I snapped my finger on her face with a mocking grin.

"You lied like you are professional lier"She looked at me with a perplexed expression on her face.

"Shh!Shut up"I shushed her tapping her forehead asking her to keep quiet.

"Sorry!"She bit her lip in guilty.

"It's okay"I left to my cabin and immersed myself in work.

Shreya's Pov

It's my last exam today.I am feeling like I am in heaven.I can enjoy my life from tomorrow.Though I am an average student and always scored first class in all the classes,exams makes me a nervous.Don't know why they makes me paranoid.

Bhaiyya is completely different from me,He always tops in class and takes exams very lightly.Lucky fellow.

I am standing in the bus stand waiting for our college bus.I always prefer to go college by college bus,I can freak out with my college mates happily without any distrubance.

I glanced at my watch again,Its 8-30 AM but why haven't our college bus arraived yet?I am became nervous.I picked my phone and called my Friend sukriti.

"Hello!"She picked my phone for the very first ring itself.

"Hello Su!"I responded quickly.

"Sweetie!"She shouted on the other side.

"What dear?"I asked her in a worried tone,I can guess she is going to drop a bomb,her voice is so shaky.

"Don't you know our exam got cancelled because of strike"She said humming joyfully.

"Oh no!"I yelled,tears almost welled up in my tears.

"Hey sweetie,Are you there?"She is screaming on other side.

"Please!"I begged and wiped my tears,oh god!What had happened,I prepared well for thus exam and it got postponed,What happens to me then?!I have to waste one more day,probably few days in the name of this.I felt my energy got exhausted.

It took a second for me to look at my surroundings,I noticed no one near me and suddenly I started hearing few people,a mob,few protesters.My heart started beating hastily,my eyes are fluttering,and lips are dried,I am feeling thirsty and drenched in sweat.

I am dialing dad's mobile,"Pick the phone,Dad!"I muttered under breathe.

"Shreya!"I heard a strange voice and I turned to see a handsome guy on bike asking me to sit on his bike.He is wearing helmet and what I saw is his pair of eyes,such a mesmerizing eyes.

I went to him and sat on his bike,He just rode me to my house,I felt strange,How could he know my house?

To be continued.

Prateek in his own naughty attitude,

You look so cute while telling lies. ....