Chapter-31

Prateek's Pov

"Swathi!"I am running behind her shouting her name crazily.

"What Prateek?"She whirled and looked at me like I am a monster or something.

"Why are you weeping Swathi?"I felt very sad and wiped her tears.

"What's your problem Prateek?Why does it matter?"She yelled at me.

"Don't you know why?I love you damn it,I can't see you like this wiping and gloomy.I know you are worried about someone? something?Who hurt you?Who is it?Is it your dad?Or our boss Rohith Mishra?Who is it?"I caught her chin with one hand,waist with other hand and nuzzled my nose on her cheek.Fresh tears met my nose.I lifted my head and saw her tear stained cheeks.

"It's you!"She looked into my eyes and spelt something which brought some tears in my eyes.I smiled with eyes welled up with tears,I never felt like this.

"What did I do?!"I asked her a bit seriously trying to control my tears,my pain,my fury.

"What didn't you do?You broke our friendship.Avni thought I am behind everything,She rejected me,my friendship."She is crying profusely.

"Will you please tell me what did I do?!"I can't control my anger.I am here thriving to share my feelings with her,my happiness with her but see what she is doing to me?!

I shunned my dad,my mom,my sister,my family and my best friend,everyone,everyone behind and came to her just to cherish my life's beautiful moment.

But what she is doing to me?How,sane?!What did I do?!Nothing!How is I am responsible for everything?!Why would I do something which would break her heart,her friendship?!

"You broke my heart"I mumbled very spontaneously.

"You are the one who did it to me,my heart"She yelled again.

"Seriously?!Have you gone mad?Why would I do something which would ruin your friendship"I shook her twice asking her to accept the truth,hard core reality.

"Then tell me what's this?!"She gave me a hand bag and showed me a small camera hole where we can insert a camera into it on a side.

"What is this?"I am confused,baffled where does it come from?!Why would even it matter if so?!

"Do you remember it was my gift to Avni on her birthday?!This bag!"She raised her brow pointing her forefinger to it.

"Yes!"I took to a second to remind myself and nodded at her.

"Where do this camera came from?"She shouted.

"How would I know?"I gritted my teeth and clasped her hand tightly.

"Why wouldn't you?!Because you are the one who inserted this camera into it.It was all your plan.I gave this to Avni,you used this to gather all those evidences and achieved your goal,but why me?Why did you chose me?Pradyumna took Avni into custody last night and recovered this camera.She was released a minute ago.She is accusing me for everything.What did I do?Why did you do it to me?Prateek?!How would you?! "She blowed my mind with her answer.

"What?!"I screamed.

"Yes!"She can't control her tears and dying inside to see her like that.

"What if I do that?What's wrong in it?"I tightned my grip over her wrist.I don't care even it hurts her her words are hurting me a lot.How could she think as such?!

How will I use her?Her friendship?I am fighting for my family and I will fight by myself.I will never stoop to such a level.

It's against my ethics.I respect her,her choices so her friends too.I would never do something which will create problems in her life,relationships.

"You used me,my friendship!You might have chosen any other way,Why did you chose me?my friendship?I have very few in this world who love me from heart."She is accusing me for something which is not my mistake.

"Okay,Let me clarify two things.First thing that I am not the one who kept that camera and two I would never stoop to such a level,It is completely against my ethics,my heart.I love you damn it.How could I do that with you?How can I make you believe my words.How can I make you realise the truth?"I banged my car tire so hard.

"Leave me,Prateek"She shouted.

"I deserve a chance,I will explain you everything,Give me a chance"I begged this time,What's wrong in doing it.She is my love,my life,my everything.I will do anything to prove my loyalty.

"Leave me,Prateek!"She shouted again slumping on floor.

I walked away with a frustrated face,I left her alone.She hurt me brutally with her words without any mercy.

"I will take care of her"Someone stopped me grasping my hand.

I turned and saw my buddy Krithik.I didn't say anything just hugged him for a second.

"How can she think as such?What are those words she is using?I used her?!What?!"I sighed and looked away.

"Common Prateek!I will talk to them.Please,Stay calm for a while.Uncle is waiting for you there outside.He told me that he will meet you there."He hugged me again.

"I will!"I promised him that I will stay calm for a while still I don't know whether I can keep up my promise.I want to see her once,explain her everything once.I looked at her,She left me there all alone with a broken heart.