Chapter five-/Why do you do that?/

Start from the beginning

I opened my eyes and craned my neck. Tony was straddled, on the floor, by an angry looking Xavier.

Was he following me now? Xavier punched Tony's face several times before he started yelling.

"Jesus, sick peice of shit!" He said inbetween punches.

Tony was already knocked out, but he kept punching him. I grabbed his arm in attempt to calm him down.

He abruptly shook me off and I flinched slightly. He stopped, stood and stared at me. I had unshed tears in my eyes and my throat was dry. My eyes looked at Tony and a small tear fell. He shook his head and sighed. Then he slowly wrapped his arms around me. I flinched at the contact but I eventually hugged him back.

It felt weird being hugged by him. Well, I haven't exactly had a hug in a very long time. He pulled away and looked at my eyes first.

"You okay?" He asked. His eyes were dark, his jaw clenched and his nostrils flaring. I nodded and he grabbed my hand. "Come on."

He led me towards a black car and opened the car door. He then got in on the other side. We sat in silence for a while until he turned to me.

"You sure your okay?" He asked again.

"How'd you know where I was?" I asked, avoiding his question. Of course I wasn't okay. Not that I wasn't used to it. He shook his head.

"You weren't answering your phone, so I got damon to track your address." He spoke as though that wasn't extremely weird. I nodded trying not to be ungrateful.

"I'll drive you home." I nodded again. He turned on the radio. 'Sign of the times' came on. Kinda awkward though. Just sitting here. In silence. The song ended and another played.

I started to mumble the lyrics.

"I didn't know you knew spanish." I jumped a little. He was listening to me. I wasnt even singing loudly. I shrugged and kept my gaze out the window.

I knew a little spanish. Not fluently but basics I suppose. I kinda knew a lot of romantic phrases. Zeke made me learn them so i could understand what one of my clients were saying to me.

"Why do you do that." Xavier sighed. I noticed we were outside my house. I shrugged again and got out.

I went to unlock my front door when I felt his presence behind me. I turned the door knob and walked inside, letting him follow me. If he tried anything, I'd just shoot him.

"Nice place." He nodded his head slowly," wheres your mom and dad?" He asked looking at me.

"Dead." I turned to the kitchen and grabbed a beer. He followed me into the kitchen looking guilty.

"Don't gimme that look Xavier." I said pointing the bottle at him.

Xaviers pov:

Of course her parents were dead. I just had to ask. I'm probably the worst person to be around sad people. I always make it worse.

"I'm sorry-"

"Why? You didn't kill em." She just shook it off like it was no big deal.

"Why do you do that?" I snapped. I didn't mean to. But she was driving me crazy with the shrugging and the challenging.

"What."

"That!" She looked at me and lifted her shoulders up,"if you shrug those shoulders I will personally make you smile." Make you smile? Wow Xavier, slow down on the threats. What was I a fucking clown now?

She furrowed her eyebrows. She looked out the window.

"What are still doing here anyway?" She asked.

"Waiting for you to offer me a beer." Expecting her to tell me to fuck off, I was surprised to see her go into the fridge and grab a beer and slide it over to me.

I unscrewed the cap and took a swig. Now it was just awkward.

"So, your a highschool student, with a gangster father and heir to a gang. Not to mention popular at school. Seems like you got it all ruddocks. Why'd you look so stressed?" She asked.

I wasn't sure if she was actually interested or not. Either way she was going to talk to me so.

"A girl."

"Ah, a girl. Whats up with her? Hasn't begged to be in your pants yet?" She said with seriousness dripping from her tone. I chuckled lightly.

"Nah, not really. I don't think shes like that. She's actually a little bit of an asshole." I stared at her and she didnt even blink.

She shrugged. She fucking shrugged.