".................." Kiel was left alone with his hands clenched white. "No one will ever come between us..."

  --------- 

Remembering the conversation, Imhe shuddered at Kiel's last words. She was rather taken by him, unlike other guys she fell in love with. After she worked hard in appealing to him, nothing still came about. He seemed to have been so focused over something so far away. And only did she find out it was because of her once again.

 With gritted teeth, she found more strength for her escape, but little did she know, she was running into their trap. And their faces revealed their wicked intentions. 

Under the reign of the night, the ever so bright full moon blessed the city with light. And Imhe continued to run deep into the intricate passages in the city's most dangerous place; the slums. Deeper within, misfortune await.

She continued to waste her strength on fire for light, wind for speed and ice for slowing down her pursuers. Consecutive summons called for her definite end.

------------------------------------------------

"Why didn't you save her?" With swift movements, Lea jumped from one building to another with haste. By her side, Victor and Seth were steadily keeping up with her speed.

"I saw no point. She was always rude to you." Replied Seth, his expression remained placid despite the tinge of worry in Lea's eyes.

"Little Seth... You are simply wicked..."

Her words made him jubilant instead. Victor at the side simply rolled his aquamarine eyes at Seth's queer personality.

--------------------------------

Cornered in a dark crevice between 2 tall buildings, Imhe was dead tired. Her once beautiful dress now tattered and dirty. Her hair so disheveled, she did not appear as pretty anymore. She was anxious and scared. In just a couple of hours, the once energetic and mischievous girl changed to someone who couldn't live in a big city full of dangers alone. She then realized why.

Travelling from Mingzhe Dei months ago, she never had to work herself hard enough to improve on anything. She was too concerned with herself alone and left everything else to the reliable people around her. Tears fell down her smooth skin, and she wondered about her Aunt and Uncle whom she left behind.

"I wonder how are they now....." Despite their neglect, she was well-fed and had a job in the house. Now, she was just a girl that has nothing at all. She achieved nothing, and there was no one by her side. Everyone seemed to avoid her approaches.

"Was it really all her fault...? Ever since I met her, nothing has gone right....." With the last of her strength, she barely managed to fall face down when one of her pursuers managed to get a hold of her. ".............."

"Finally caught ye. Took you long enough. Hehehehe." His wicked grin glimmered in the darkness of the night and in her heart.

She was fed up with being rejected.

She was fed up with everything.

She was not needed. She wondered what she was there for.

The person she finally truly cared for ended up to be her brother.

Everyone and everything seems to be against her.

Tears keep falling from her ruby eyes. Her core gradually shining brighter. Her pain unbearable, she collapsed. The man that was holding her arm grinned even wider. Unbeknownst to him, she was no longer the same girl he was chasing after.