The longer the skirmish went on, the better Lea evaded their attacks. She was starting to predict their thoughts, her ruby eyes never leaving her target.

Liam was slowly winning his battle of endurance against the beasts. It was not long now until he could rest once again. And with that thought, he pushed himself further on.
---------------------

Strenuous breathing sounds could be heard in a field full of carnage. 

A lone girl whose manly robes appeared tattered and bloody turned her head around her as she recovered her normal breathing. She also took the time to closely investigate the guns fired by gunpowder.

She noticed they all had one insignia marked on them. And they were all made with metal, which made them even more deadly.

Looking to a corner, she could see a heavily injured soldier, trembling to his bones. "Hey." She called, receiving the soldier's unfocused gaze.

"Tell me everything you know about Sabio's intentions." She decided to leave one out who seemed to be well-informed of their intentions in coming down from their jurisdiction. 

To her query, the soldier paled. He was remembering the oath he had made before being put into a rigorous training as a soldier. And it was truly more than rigorous. 

They were tortured when they couldn't do well enough, while not rewarded when they did. Although given ample provision of food and water, they were treated like mutts trained to kill. And now here he was, in front of a young girl, trembling under her cold gaze.

"If you do not talk, fine. But you won't die under my watch, and neither will you live even better henceforth." She turned around to give Izaya a closer inspection. "Sorry, Izaya." She quietly said and brought down her hands on his wounded leg.

"Guh... Ahh!!" His agony rang in their surroundings.

Lea used her essences to remove the bullet from the depths of his muscle tight leg. She first made sure where to apply pressure accurately and using a finger or two, she extended her reach with essences. With a hook and grab, she was able to extract the bullet, leaving Izaya's leg bloody and a mess.

"You are so not good at this..." Liam offhandedly said as he looked on the scene with disgust.

"....I know.." She replied meekly, a slight frown on her brow as she observed Izaya's condition.

Absorbing essences consciously, she focused all her strength into recovering Izaya's fatal wounds. "I should have knocked you out first." She commented when she realized Izaya calming down from the pain, huge beads of sweat racing down from his forehead.

He winced at every intricate muscle regrow, filling up crevices on his body. Bruises were melt with cooling sensation.

As he was recovering steadily, Lea was gradually able to relax. Her focus was broken at the soft sounds of movements in the distance. With her ruby eyes glancing up, her rosy lips thinned into a line.

To Liam's surprise, the escaping soldier was suddenly knocked unconscious. "..........." He was left to his own thoughts at the scene.

"T-thank you, Lea..." Izaya weakly groaned. His words received a nod of assent from Lea. "No problem." She replied without meeting his golden eyes.

In another moment, Seth appeared with Nia on his back. "He seems to be sick." He quietly informed.

Lea turned her gaze on Nia's feverish state. "He lose too much blood."

"What can we do?" Inquired Seth unconcerned.

"If muscles can grow with essences, it might also help with blood transfusion..." 

Listening to her words, it dawned on Izaya that it was the first time Lea had tried the method of treatment on him. She was ingenious, he thought.

With interest, Lea changed her focus on Nia who was doing his best to stay conscious. "...Seth?"

Following her will, Seth laid Nia on the ground dutifully, and moving to stand ready at a side.

She bent her knees to sit on her calf, hovering a free hand on Nia's chest. In an instant, she enveloped him with her essences, carefully manipulating the flow of his strange blood, multiplying them in numbers.

She smiled at the progress. "This world has no law." She thought.

"I suppose so... Or maybe we just don't know the limit yet. This guy is half spirit, but why is he so weak????"

"You tell me."

"I asked you!!"

"I suspect he was never treated fairly."

"Half beast, half spirit. I still cannot wrap my head around that idea...."

"You just can't imagine yourself sleeping with a beast, right?"

"Aside from that, we usually do not have a form..."

"Are you saying there is a method to make Spirits live amongst humans and beasts like normal beings?"

"Maybe... Just like what I did to you... Creating another entity from Spirits' essences... So someone has done it before me...!"

"What? You thought you were the first to think of such a thing?"

"Well, yea... I was desperate!"

"So you become something else when desperate. I better keep that in mind. Thanks."

".............You treat me like a fooooool! *Whimpers*"

".........." Her thoughts unreadable, Ingrid was left to misunderstand.

During her conversation with Ingrid, Liam and Izaya were left confused at Lea's expressions. It was a slight smile at first, then a frown, right afterwards, it appeared exhausted and then intrigue. They wondered what was going through her head, but remained to quiet.

Seth on the other hand was used to Lea's antics. He had his own theories, but her unusual behavior never seem to faze his admiration and affection for her. On the contrary, it further increased his interest on her.