Chapter 43 - Bitch

Evangelina

"He won't come." I didn't want him here anyway, and Kayde was pushing the point.

"We need him, Evangelina, you can't do your part without him." Kayde reclined back on the sofa and put his feet up on the coffee table.

Darting over, I knocked them off. "Feet off mister! You ring him, and I'll owe you one."

Kayde raised an eyebrow. "Exciting proposition indeed, but no thanks."

"Pussy you're scared what he'll do when he finds out you like me better?"

"Just call him Evangelina," Kayde gave me another look as I rolled my eyes. It was so not working.

"Your closer to the phone you do it." He sighed and dialled while placing it on speaker.

I locked the door leaning against it, my arms folded as it rang out. Kayde dialled again as I paced. It rang out once more. "See, he won't answer! The gala is Saturday, and that stubborn shit for brains won't answer any of my calls!"

"Relax, he'll come." Kayde reached for his mobile out and took a picture off me. Typed something then I heard a swooshing sound. "He'll come don't you worry your pretty little head about it."

I was worried I didn't want to blindside him again, but I would. Even though we'd both have had enough nasty surprises to last a lifetime. The whole situation was exhausting.

Emilio

Kayde wasn't answering his phone neither was Evangelina what was he thinking as I stalked out of the house. Snatching up car keys, "Carmine watch the boys I'll be back."

Climbing into the car, Daniel came racing out the door. "Can I come?"

"Not, this time its business. We'll do something when I get back I won't belong." Daniel's shoulders slumped while I peeled out of the driveway. I warned him not to use Evangelina for his games. It was one thing I would fight for when it came Evangelina.

She would never pay for the deeds of others again, or his plaything. Kayde used my own words against me, hitting the steering wheel.

"Fuck it!" I planted the peddle to the floor as I hit the main road moving smoothly in and out of the lanes.

So caught up I almost missed the red light slamming the breaks on. It set off a chain reaction of squealing and crunching metal behind me. That Propelled my car forward as I twisted the steering wheel away from the oncoming traffic. A screech of metal on metal horrifying loud as I jolted it happened so quickly. I was stunned for a second.

A driver panicked face as their car jerked further forward somebody was trying to kill me. I fucking stomped the accelerator as the noise increased as I inched forward. Again My foot pumped. Only to find myself wedged between two cars attempting to maneuver my way out.

The windscreen shattered with gunfire, I slid down while unclipping my seatbelt. I still couldn't get down low enough while I search for the piece in the glove box.

The screams didn't cover the thud I heard as I gazed into the barrel of a gun. Fuck!

"Suo zio dice ciao, your uncle says hello." His weapon aimed, another shot rang out as he fell to the ground, and a motorcycle pulled up. It was Evangelina's JI Joes!

Jesus, fucking Christ, I'd miscalculated, and it almost cost me my life. I believed my uncle when he said it was Tito. Especially after putting together what we had the other night. Damn, nothing was clear-cut anymore as the adrenaline coursed through, my veins. I climbed out of the car where the windscreen used to be. And slid down the bonnet of Carmine's wrecked vehicle as I steadied myself. I winced as a sharp pain shot up my leg as I landed on my feet.