Chapter 36 - Find Her

Evangelina & Emilio
Chicago

I pushed the door open and stepped into the headless horseman. I walked straight to the bar. "Charles I'll have a beer thanks."

Charles spins around, so fast, big smile eyes glittering I had always loved Dan's dad. "Eva your not legal yet are you?"

Gasping, "I am too, and you know it old man!"

Nodding his head, "Can you blame me you were such a sweet baby then you grew up. How are you, sweetie?"

"I'm great and you Charles?"

"Can't complain any." His gaze moved around the bar as a frown creased his brow. His voice firm, "Where's your detail, Eva?"

"Can you not? I've had a horrible few weeks. I need a few drinks some of your cheese and bacon fries I love, so much."

I saw him waver at the request as he set the beer on the bar top. Slapping down some money, I'll take the balls and cue thanks and that bottle of vodka as well."

"That's more than a few drinks, Eva."

"Either you sell me the bottle, or I go elsewhere."

I picked up my bag about to leave as he sighed, "I'll put some music on for you. I'll give you a couple of hours then I'm calling Mario."

"Four hours then you can ring him, deal." Nodding my head as I grab the bottle and my beer. I walked towards the empty pool table in the back the room. The hush that came over the back room was disturbing.

Charles followed with the balls and cue placing them on the table and walked to the jukebox. "You alright after yesterday?"

"I'm fine." I racked them and leaned in, pulling the cue back as I shrugged my shoulders. The crack reverberated around the room as I straightened up picking up my beer skulking half of it down.

The music started to play, turning back to the table. Charles asked the dreaded question, "How you and the Mancini boy doing?"

"Ok, I guess."

"If you ever want to talk. I've been happily, married for forty years I can give you some..."

I don't know what Charles saw, but whatever it was he backed off the subject. The shot lined up as I tried to avoid his gaze while he said, "I'll go get your food."

Emilio

It was after dinner Nick interestingly enough came and found me sitting next to me. "I'm not going to call my sister unless you, ok it first."

"Why do I need to ok it? She's a friend, right?"

"No, Eva hates my sister, Rachael is a psychologist. Eva is only thinking of those boys."

I sat watching a couple of Tito's younger men pretend to get tackled by Sean. Daniel picked up the ball and ran with it while screaming, excitedly, "Touch down!"

"My sister is very good at what she does Emilio, and that's Eva's iPod. She wouldn't hand that over without reason."

"What's that supposed to mean," I snapped. All because Evangelina thought of something I hadn't even considered. I was such a novice when it came to the boys half the time. I didn't know what I was doing.