26: The Deal

Evangelina: Paris

I kept thinking back to the kiss. Stefano wouldn't stop looking at me strangely after what he witnessed. I'm going to... haha! I picked the letter opener it up a threw it at him. Like one of my knives, it fell short just as everything else had today. I didn't want to be here.

"What was that for?" Big grin on his face Stefano had been purposely getting under my skin today.

"What the hell, was he thinking?" We both despised each other, didn't we? Emilio's had made his dislike of me known from, day one what else was I meant to believe.

"He kissed you. You kissed him back, Evangelina! Then he laughed at the face I pulled.

"He's not allowed to just... do that! I said what I'd been thinking. "We don't like each other, never have." Placing my head, in my hands, I was so confused, and this great lump of a man in front of me. Was not helping me make things any clearer.

"Don't twist yourself up about it. I'd tell you just knock it to experience and move on. But you're marrying my cousin?" I gave Stefano a disgusted look because he went there again. "From what I've seen, you two could work if you, both stop being so bloody stubborn."

"I'm not stupid!" Elmo wanted the businesses, but I didn't finish the sentence, I couldn't. I had glimpsed and experienced the passionate side of him. Those fucking eyes, I'll never be, able to forget the heat in them. Before he kissed me, but it's only one of the reasons he became famous. His conquests. The report on E-news about his night out with Kayde. Also, the leggy woman on his arm hardened my resolve.

"I don't see why I have to marry him. There are other ways to bring our businesses together."

Stefano's lazy stare locked with mine as he reclined in the sitting area. "You can't go there, and you know it, Evangelina. Be an adult about it fore-fill your duties; it's for the good of both families."

With that said, my alarm went off as I stood, and scooped up my phone at the same time. I left the office. "Hanna meet Mr Milia downstairs please and bring him up the back way." Her eyes glittered curiously at my request. "It will be a lengthy and very delicate meeting. So, no calls or interruptions."

I hustled through the workers at their desks to the panel wall and pressed it like so. The door sprung open as I slipped inside, then locked it. The moment of truth, as I saw it, he had only three options to kill me. Laugh in my, face and walk away. Or join me.

I checked my emails while I waited for his arrival surprised to find one from the Bring Them Home Foundation.

Evangelina
The foundation is opening its doors in America and holding its first gala in just under two months. It would be an honour if you would accept the role of ambassador for the foundation.
I feel this could be a great way to help with your continuing the healing process. I believe there is no, better person to speak out for these victims than you.
I will also understand if you are unable to accept this role. Please let me know at your earliest convenience what your decision is.
Sincerely Paula
PS. If you need me, I'm a phone call away.

Paula's words cut to the quick, heavens forbid if anyone ever heard the sordid tale of my life. The past, I had come to believe was something to be hidden. To be ashamed of as no one spoke about it openly. Paula helped me, the best she could in facing it. The restrictions placed on her during that time, she could only do so much. Honestly, it was never enough for me. I need to shout it from, the rooftops.

I still do!

My parents sent me away, to live with Nonna what a mistake, and a blessing. She had moulded me into what I am today. Made sure I could defend myself as it had been her number one priority.