Chapter 54

Sarah's P.O.V.
  The first thing I do when I wake up is check my phone. Nothing from Jason. I try calling him four times but no answers. What the hell happened last night? I call Brandon and he picks up after a few rings.
  "Hey Sarah." He says as if he's already have five cups of coffee and has been up all morning. I probably sound dead.
  "Hey Brandon. Has Jason called you within the past 24 hours?" I ask my voice a little shaky.
  "No. Why?" He asks confused.
  "Um. Last night his dad came over while Jason was out getting food. When he got back the three of us argued and stuff. Mr. Rivera left and Jason and I had dinner. We didn't talk the whole time. I went to shower. When I came out he wasn't here. He hasn't picked up any of my calls or anything. Brandon, I'm scared." I say tears roll down my cheeks. I don't weep or cry out I just let the tears roll softly down my cheeks.
  "Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry Sarah. I'll try calling him. You should try his sister." He says.
  "Okay. I'll check his apartment too. I'll go to work later and see if he's there." I say
  "Just let me know if I can do anything." Brandon says.
  "Yeah of course. Thank you." I say sighing knowing I'm not alone.
  "Sure thing. I'll let you know when I get any information." He says.  
  "Thanks. I gotta go. I wanna find out everything as soon as possible." I say.
  "Talk to you soon." He says.
  "Bye." I say hanging up. I get off the floor and wipe away the tears. I call Jeff as I walk to my room. I ask him to come pick me up and he said he'll be here I'm twenty.
  I get dressed within minutes and don't worry about any details other than brushing my hair and teeth. I cal Olivia before I leave my apartment.
  "Sarah! It's been so long since we've talked. How have you been?" She chimes into the phone.
  "Not so good. Have you heard from Jason in the past 24 hours?" I ask her feeling like a broken record player.
  "Um no not really. He told me that he was back from meeting your dad. He scheduled a lunch for me and him on Thursday." She says.
  "Oh okay. Thanks. Well I gotta go." I say quickly.
  "Aw okay. Call me sometime." She says. I say a quick goodbye and hangup. I grab my purse and head out the door. Jeff is waiting by the door when I come out of the building. I get into his car with speed.
  "To work?" Jeff asks.
  "No. Jason's." I say buckling.
  "Are you okay?" He asks making his way along the busy road.
  "No. Not really. Jason is kinda missing." I say.
  "What do you mean?" He asks.
  "He isn't returning my calls and kinda left without a goodbye last night. I just wanna find my baby." I say feeling the tears come back.
  "Oh darling it's okay. He'll be back. I don't know what's going on but it'll be okay." Jeff says. I sigh. I don't say anything else until we pull up to his building.
  "Would you like me to wait?" Jeff asks before I step out of the car.
  "Sure if you don't mind." I say with a soft smile. Jeff nods and I get out of the car. I jog my way through the buildings elevator. I got all the way up to Jason's. I dig in my purse to find my spare key. Jason gave it to me right before our one month. I unlock the door and search every where.
  When I get to his bedroom something isn't right. On his bed lays an assortment of things. I pick up the piece of paper first. I unfold it to find Jason's familiar hand writing.

       Baby listen to me. I'm okay. I'm sorry I walked out on you. I couldn't say goodbye, I didn't know how to and I knew if I did I could never leave. Your probably wondering why I left. I'm starting a life for us. Away from the city and away from my dad where we can be happy. I'm going under a new name so my dad can't hack into my accounts. I've left my phone behind too. I'll come back as soon as possible. I'm so sorry baby please don't be mad. Also please don't tell my family where I am. Leave them out of this. Brandon you can tell I know he wound do anything or say anything. Please promise me you'll enjoy it self while I'm away. Be there for Kelsey while she prepares for the baby. Also I got you a promise ring. Baby I promise you I will come back and that I will never forget you or stop loving you.
                      Forever yours, Jason.
  I drop to my knees and cry. I do t hold back anymore I just cry hard and as loud as I want. Where did he go? I don't know how long I cry for but I finally pull myself together. I open the small box on the bed. Inside is a sliver band with two diamonds on top. I pull out the ring and place it on my finger. The light catches it and it sparkles.
  "Oh Jason why did you have to leave?" I say quietly to myself. On the bed is also his phone I pick it up and toss it into my purse. I place the note in there as well and get up to leave. Before I leave the room I go to bathroom.
  I grab his favorite cologne and head to the closet. I grab a bag a place some of his clothes in there. If I can't have him here I wanna be wrapped in his belongings. I want my baby back.
  I leave the apartment and don't look back. I got to Jeff waiting car and climb in.
  "Home please." I say with the strongest voice I can give.
  "Yes mama." He says pulling away. I think about the letter Jason left me. 
  "Can you take me to Brandon's? I change my mind." I say.
  "Certainly. That's a pretty ring." Jeff complements.
  "Thank you. Jason left it for me. He said in a letter that he will be gone for a little while. He didn't say where he is or when he's coming back." I say looking out the widow. People on the street make me wonder, are they going through what I am too? Jeff rides along to Brandon's house. I've never been to it before but it isn't to far from Jason's.

~~~~
Where's Jason? When's he coming back? Does Sarah enjoy life like Jason says to?
Please vote and comment.
Thank you. XOXO.