Chapter 49

Jason's P.O.V.
The drive isn't long but I take most of the time to look out the window. Sarah and her dad are catching up on the latest things about themselves. This smallish town makes me not want to be in the city anymore. I guess I've taken the city life for granted. Yeah it's great with clubs and stuff to do but here away from it all is peace. The tall trees replace the tall buildings. Now I finally understand why I always liked going to the beach house. It's away from all the commotion.
We pull up to a brick building with green awnings over the windows. The parking lot is pretty full since it's a Friday night. James parks in the back where there's less traffic, probably to protect his truck. Sarah gets out of the passenger seat and I get out from the back. We walk up the the building hand in hand with her Dad in front of us. Sarah has a cute soft grin on her face that makes her look absolutely beautiful.
Her dad tells the host that's there is three of us. They guide us to the back of the building where we take our seats. It's a booth so I slide in with Sarah and her dad across.
"Jason you've been quite. You okay?" Sarah asks quietly to make it obvious this is our conversation. James opens his menu and looks like he isn't paying attention.
"Yeah I'm good. I just though I'd let you and your dad have your time." I say giving her a soft smile. She places her hand on my knee. I clench my jaw to keep my self from doing anything.
"Thanks baby." She says and takes her hand away to look at her menu. I look at mine and just decide on a Cesar salad. The waitress comes over to take our drinks. James goes first and orders a beer and I decide on the same. Sarah just goes with water.
"So what are you getting?" Sarah asks me.
"Just a Cesar salad. I'm not too hungry. What about you?" I ask her back.
"Lemon chicken and vegetables. Dad what about you?" She says focusing her attention on James.
"Probably just a steak." He says. The waitress comes back with our drink and then we order our food.
  "So Jason how long have you been doing ink?" James asks.
  "Around four years." I say.
  "How many have you given Sarah?" He asks glancing at his daughter.
  "Two. One on her back and one on her hip." I say. I think about all the times I've stared at Sarah's tattoos. They fit her so well and I just can't imagine her without them.
  "Sarah. Why do you love him?" He asks.
  "He's honest, smart, fun, and trust worthy." She giggles. I can't help but smile at how's she complimented me.
  "What's your past like? Any relationships that stand out?" When these words leave his mouth my stomach drops. I ball my hands into first so hard my nails dig into me skin. Sarah notices and grabs them. She rubs small circles to calm me down.
  "I try not to think or talk about it sir. I promise you I'm a better man and that I will never hurt your daughter." Is all I can manage to say. Her dad nods his head. I take a swig of my beer.
  "Excuse me." I say slipping away from the booth. I walk out the building and out side. I find a bench and I take a seat. I take a couple breathes to calm myself down. Victoria. That fucking bitch. Like perfect timing my phone starts ringing. I don't look at the caller ID before I accept it.
  "What?" I snap.
  "Hey son. I was wondering if you could stop by the house. I wanna discuss the deal with you." He says. This couldn't get any better.
  "Dad I'm not doing your fucking deal." I say through gritted teeth.
  "Son don't use that language with me. Where are you at?" He asks.
  "Personal business." I say.
  "What kind?" He asks.
  "It doesn't matter. I'll talk to you when I get the chance." I say and hang up. I have a deal for him that will be a whole lot better for him. I shove my phone back in my pocket and stand up. I take one last deep breath and walk back inside. Sarah glances around the restaurant and notices me. I can see the relief on her face once I'm at the table.
  "Everything alright?" James asks.
  "Yes sorry. I had to use the john then my father called." I say. I can feel the worried glance from Sarah but ignore it. I take another swig of beer.
  "So Sarah was telling me that Kelsey is with your best friend." Her Dad says trying to make small talk.
  "Yes sir. Brandon is a great guy. I've known him a long time and I can tell he loves Kelsey." I say with a soft smile.
  "That's great." He says. Our food finally comes and we dig in. We stay quiet most of them time just casually talking about the food or cars. I found her dad owns a few and is gonna give me a look at them later. We all kinda finish up and the bill comes. I snag it before James can.
  "It's my treat." I say.
  "That's not fare. Let me pay." He argues. I roll my eyes.
  "I'll pay you get the tip." I say raising an eyebrow.
  "Fine. Next time I'm paying no questions asked." He states. I nod my head in agreement with a small chuckle. When the bill is payed for we all get up and leave. The ride back to the house is the same. When we get back Sarah and I grab our bags and head inside. Her dad lets us have time to settle in then he wants me to go hangout with him in the garage. Sarah and I travel up the stairs and into the hall. She opens the door the the first room on the right.
A sent of perfume and laundry soap hang in the air. The room is a light shade of grey with white carpet. There's a desk next to the door, tv next to it, with the dresser in the corner. The closet is to the left of the door with curtains that match the bed spread. They are black and white with different cities all over them. Nicknacks are scattered along the desk and dresser.
  "This is where I spent a few months between transitioning to the city. I always wanted to travel and see the world that's why I picked this theme." Sarah says as she goes sit on the bed. I drop my bag on the floor next to her and follow her to the bed.
  "I think it's cute." I say grabbing her hand and intertwine our hands.
  "I'm sorry about my dad. He's always hated the idea of me being with someone." She murmurs looking around the room.
  "I think he's cool. Maybe when I go out the garage things will be good." I say.
  "Well you might want to go don't want to make my dad think we are doing it. He'd kill me." She says with a soft smile. I give her a quick kiss and leave the room.

~~~~~
Please vote and comment.
Thank you. XOXO