Chapter 38

Sarah's P.O.V.
We arrive at a BBQ restaurant. It's a smoke house with picnic tables lined with red and white checkered table cloths. We haven't ever left the car and I can smell the barbecue. My stomach growls reminding me I've barely had food today.
Jason parks the car and quickly walks around the car to me. He opens my door and we walk hand in hand to the ordering window. We quickly look over it but I practically know what I want. I've always loved BBQ.
I order a pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw and fries on the side, Jason gets the same. We find a picnic table and wait for our food. Lights are strung across trees and over the tops of tables giving a soft glow of light. With the sun setting it looks so beautiful.
"So is this another one of your childhood favorites?" I ask him. He's been staring at me while I've been taking in my surroundings.
"Actually no. I've only been here twice but it's really good. I thought something different would be nice." He says with a hint of a smile.
"Well I happen to love BBQ so it's the perfect place." I say. I place my elbows on the table and lean across. He finishes the gap in between us and we kiss. Nothing sexual or crazy just a simple kiss. I love the way we fit perfectly together.
We pull away as the food is coming. I blush in embarrassment. I guess I'm not used to having this kind of love for someone. But it's honestly a happy blush more than embarrassment.
We start eating our food. It's the perfect sandwich. The bun isn't to think and the meat is so tender it melts. The sauce it's self has a sweet flavor but leaves a small kick of heat.
"Tell me more about your dad and how our weekend will go." Jason says with a mouthful of food. I laugh at him.
"Well he's gonna distant at first but then he'll loosen up. Tell him you like classic cars and you'll be best friends. And I guess we can stay at his house. It's a three bedroom. One is my dads, one is mine, and one is my brothers. I can show you around and stuff if you'd like." I explain to him. Joliet was only my home for a very short time.
"Well it sounds lovely. I can't wait to meet your dad. What about your brother?" He asks.
"I barely see him. He's off living his own life in Colorado. We don't talk as much." I tell him.
  "Oh. I understand." He says and we continue to eat.
  "Sarah?" Jason asks when I'm looking off into the distance.
  "Yes?" I say looking at him. It's hard to read his expression because he's looking down at the table.
"Why do you stay with me? After all I've done to you." He says slowly and quietly.
"Sometimes you have to get through the rough days to get to the happy days." I say softly. His eyes lift to mine.
"I'm your first boyfriend, why do you want me to be your forever?" He says.
"There's something special about you that I don't wanna loose." I say. My eyes wonder around his face. His jaw is relaxed and his lips are parted as he's about to speak. He never does speak though. I give him a reassuring smile and get up to throw our garbage away.
We don't talk much on the short way home. I hold his hand firmly for the entire ride to show him he's really special. Sometimes the small things can mean a lot more. When we pull up to the house we sit in the car for a while.
"What are we gonna to do about Victoria?" I ask breaking the silence.
"I told you there is nothing to worry about. I'm not doing it." He says firmly.
"What happens if you don't do this?" I ask slowly.
"He's going to shut me off from the family bank account. Close my tattoo shop. Take away everything that means the most to me." He says. My stomach drops.
"What? He can't do that." I half yell.
"He's one of the richest men ever. He can do whatever the fuck he wants." He spits. I cross my arms and huff a sigh.
"As much as I hate this but you have to do this." The second the words leave my mouth a lump forms in my throat.
"No Sarah are you crazy. I will never ever do that." He yells. I finch and the sudden noise and close my eyes.
"Jason what about your life? Your future? You need to keep your money. Tattoos have been your passion." I say my voice starts to shake. I fight back the urge to cry.
"I'm not gonna give up that easy. I've made up a lot of money in my life so what he does won't hurt me." He says.
"I hope you know what your doing." I murmur and get out of the car. I march to the door and open it. We left it unlocked since we are on private property. I half run up to our room. I throw open the door and slam it shut. I walk over to the window seat and stare out over the beach.
I hope Jason knows what the right thing to do here is. I don't want him to screw up his life forever. Both paths are gonna ruin him like hell. Victoria and his dad are assholes to put Jason in this spotlight. I can start to feel my eyes brim with tears. I pull my legs close to my chest and rest my head on my knees.
The door opens softly. I don't dare to look over because I know it's Jason. I turn my head father away so he can't see me. The tears fall down my cheeks. I don't sniffle so he has no idea I'm crying. I can feel him get closer to me I don't move an inch.
"Sarah?" He whispers as he sits across from me. I ignore him.
"Baby look at me." He says a little demanding.
"No" I say with a cracked voice. That's when I break I don't hide that I'm crying. I bury my face in my hands and heavily cry. I feel Jason shift closer to me.
"Baby why you crying?" He asks softly as he rubs my arm. I look up at him.
"Talk to me please?" The worry on his face makes it hard to look at him. He wipes my tears away and lets me calm down.
"It's hard to think about all this. I don't want you to loose the life you have created for yourself. I definitely don't want to lose you. I just got you." I sob. Jason pulls me into his arms. He rubs small circles on my back.
"Baby I told you, you have nothing to worry about. Everything is going to be okay. Don't cry please." He whispers. I hold on to him and just shake my head.
"I'm sorry." I say under my breath.
"There's nothing to be sorry about. It's okay for you to care about me." He says. He pulls me back he looks at me. He wipes all my tears away drying my face.
"Lets do something to cheer you up." He says with a soft smile.
"Like what?" I ask.
"Skinny dipping in the hot tub?" He asks. I laugh and agree to it.

~~~
Please vote and comment
Thank you XOXO