Chapter 53

Sarah's P.O.V.
It's Sunday evening we just got back home from my dads. Jason and my dad seemed to be getting a long just great. Jason really loved to see my side of the world. I even liked going home to see all the things that I didn't realize I missed so much.
We are currently riding along to my apartment. The sun is just starting to set and there storms rolling in. Great. The city is protected from tornadoes and stuff like that because of tall buildings. Storms are not the best in the city because the high winds make the buildings sway and I've always had a fear that they will collapse. Stupid I know. I do love the rain though.
We pull up to my building and carry my bags inside. Kelsey is staying at Brandon's place for the week. This coming weekend though is Fourth of July which I'm really excited about. The apartment is so quiet when we get inside. Jason carries my bag to my room and I plop down on the couch.
  "You okay?" Jason asks walking to the couch.
  "Yeah. I'm a little tired and I have a headache." I say snuggling close to Jason.
  "Well you barely ate today. You want me to go out and get food?" He asks.
  "Sure." I say. I reach for the remote and turn of the TV. I find Full House and turn it on. Jason gets up from the couch.
  "I won't be long. Call me if you need anything." He says kissing me softly. I nod my head and yawn. Jason hands me a blanket before leaving. I lay out on the couch and watch TV. I don't remember falling asleep till I hear someone knocking at the door.
  I groan as I get up to go see who it could be. Hopefully it's Jason with my food. The person knocks again and I yell, "coming". I open the door and see someone I wasn't expecting to ever show up at my door step. Jason's Dad stands before me.
  "Mr. Rivera?" I say as a confused question.
  "Hello Sarah. Can I come in?" He ask nicely. I furrow my brows at him but soon realize I don't want to be a bitch to him.
  "Of course." I say stepping aside to let him in. He follows me down the little hallway to the living space. I decide that the living room isn't appropriate so I take him to the dining room. We both take a seat across from each other at the small table.
  "So may I ask why your here?" I say as politely as I can. I can start to hear the rain tap on the small window behind Mr. Rivera.
  "I was hoping Jason was here. Do you know where I could find him?" He asks.
  "No sir. Jason went out to get our dinner but he should be home soon." I say with a kind smile. I don't know why I'm being so nice to this man. He's trying to take away the man I love. Also, why the hell does he know where I live?
  "Oh that's a shame. So darling why are you even with my son? Is it the money?" He ask harshly.
  "Not at all. I love him for himself. Money or no money I'd love him the same. I'm not a gold digger." I said with an attitude to get my point across. He narrows his eyes at me.
  "If I find out it's for something other than money then you'll pay. Not just cash." He says with a disgusted face. I'm about to snap on him but the front door opens. A sigh of relief floods through me.
  "Jason I'm in here." I call out looking his dad dead in the eyes. I can hear Jason set the food on the counter and rush through the door way. My back is to him but I can feel him stand close behind.
  "What are you doing here?" Jason asks with a clenched jaw.
  "Tick-Tock." His Dad says mockingly.
  "I told you no. If you really are the man you say you are then door something. Your over here yelling threats and demands and I see nothing happening." Jason says moving closer to his Dad. His shoulders and hair are wet from the rain and that's when I'm aware that it's down pouring.
"How about we take this is another room?" He spits out glancing me. I narrow my eyes at him and cross my arms.
"No. She can hear what you have to say. She's a part of my life and I'm not excluding her." Jason says sternly.
"I don't accept. You should be with Victoria. She's so much better for you." His Dad says. That's when I finally speak up.
"Oh really. She's the gold digger in this whole situation. I'm here for Jason not the money but you want Victoria with Jason for the money." I yell. I don't realize it but I've stood up and Jason is holding me back.
"Stay out of this." Mr. Rivera snaps at me.
"I think you should leave and never come back here." I mutter looking at him. He clears his throat and stands up. He adjusts his tie and walks away. When the front door slams I fall against Jason.
"Oh baby I'm so sorry. I had no idea he would come here like that. I didn't even know that he knew where you lived." Jason says pulling me close to him.
"It's okay." I choke on my words. It's not okay, none of this is. I fight back the urge to cry and just hold on to Jason.
"Baby are you okay?" He asks rubbing small circles on my back.
"Can we just eat?" I ask moving away from him. He sighs as he lets me go from his arms. We eat dinner in silence barely speaking any words. Jason cleans up and lets me go take a shower to was the night away. I stand in the shower letting the water run over my body and breathe slowly. Thunder cracks in the distance and makes me lift my head. I shut the water off and dry myself off.
  I feel numb. I slip into on of Jason's shirts and leave the bathroom. The apartment is dark with the occasional light from the lightning. I walk down the hall and everything is quiet, too quiet.
  "Jason?" I call out walking faster towards my bedroom. I reach it in a matter of seconds. Empty.
  "Jason." I half scream. I search the apartment for my phone to call him. Tears rush down my face as I dial his number. It rings and rings.
  "You have reached the voicemail box of Jason Rivera. Please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you." His voicemail recording says.
  "Jason baby, where are you? Please call me. Why did you leave?" I cry into the phone and hang up. I don't know what to do. I sink down on the floor of the living room and cry. I don't know how long I cry for but I find myself waking up on the floor with my alarm going off. The sun shines bright through the windows. Thoughts flood back from the previous night. Jason.

~~~~
Any guesses on where the hell Jason has gone? Or what he's up too?
Please vote and comment.
Thank you. XOXO.