Chapter 23: Why now?

~Chapter 23~

Louis' POV

Avery and Caitlyn have been at the rehab center for a few days now and I just want them to come back. I just got off the phone with her and I log onto twitter. My account is flooded with questions about Avery. I guess that's only to be expected. They aren't used to her yet. Eventually I get bored and go downstairs.

"How's Avery?" Harry asks me.

"Fine," I answer. "She seems to be having fun. She gets along with her roommates."

"We that's good to hear," he says. "Did she say anything about Caitlyn?"

"She's getting better."

"Great!"

I would have responded, but I was cut off by the doorbell ringing. I went to open the door and saw Simon standing outside. Why is he here?

"Hi Simon," I say, letting him in.

"Hi Louis. Could you get all the boys into the living room?"

"Sure. Do you want the girls there too?"

"No." Simon walks into the living room while I go get Harry, Liam, Josh, Niall, and Zayn. We go into the living room to see Jocelyn and Erica talking to Simon. They see us and leave the room. We sit on the couch across from Simon.

"So, what did you want to tell us?" I ask.

"Louis, did Avery every tell you about someone named Charlie Walker?" he asks me

"He adopted her once and his wife made him give her back. I saw his name on her files. Why?"

"He's trying to regain custody of Avery. He said his wife left him and his sons. He sent us a paper saying that if you didn't give him custody of her, he would press charges, which could quite potentially lead to you losing custody of all six of them. He had quite a few signatures on it saying that they would support him in court, including the biological parents of Holly and Erica." We all look at each other. That was a lot to process at once.

"What can we do to stop it?" Zayn asks.

"We've tried paying him to stop, but it doesn't help anything."

"Then what are we going to do?" Niall asks.

"I don't know. I'll admit that she has caused problems with the fans, but I'm not going to tell you to get rid of her. I'll tell you if we figure out a way to get him to give it up, but until then, it's up to you about what you want to do." I'm not giving her up. That's all there is to decide. She keeps being taken away from me for one reason or another and I won't let it happen again.

"Okay," we mumble.

"I'd love to stay and talk about this some more, but I have to be at the X Factor studio soon, so, goodbye," Simon says.

"Bye." We wave as he leaves the house.

"So," Josh says. "Are we going to tell the girls about this."

"Not if we can help it" Liam answers.

"So, we go and pretend that this conversation didn't happen?" I ask.

"Yeah," Liam answers. We all get up and I walk to my room. I go onto my laptop and look up Charlie Walker on twitter, just to see what he's like. He and his sons seem nice enough Would Avery be happy if we had to give her to him? My thoughts are interrupted by the door opening. Don't people knock these days? I turn around to see Jocelyn standing in the doorway.

"Louis," she says, walking into my room. "You do know it's Avery's choice, right?"

"You heard that?" I asked. She nodded.

"You have to tell her, even if you don't tell the rest of us."

"Who else was listening?" I ask.

"Just me," she says.

"Please don't tell Avery, or anyone who doesn't already know for that matter."

"Then you tell her." Maybe I could block her from Avery's phone. I can modify Avery's contacts from my computer, but she would know if she lost contact with Jocelyn, so that wouldn't work.

"I'll tell her when she gets home," I lie.

"And if you don't then I'll tell her and the other girls. Okay?"

"Okay," I say. No. No. Not okay. Definitely not okay.

"Good," she says. "Bye!" And with that she runs out of the room, leaving me, thinking about what she said.

I just had a debate with a fifteen-year-old... and I think I lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

So, that wasn't the longest chapter, but a lot happened. So, comment about your predictions about what will happen next.

Anyway, I'm so so so so so so so so sorry that it took me soooooo long to update this story. I'm just a really busy person. It's a lot easier to update over vacation, but that's not for a long time, so I will try to update when I can.

Anyway, on to other stuff. I literally need one more follower to get to fifty, and then I will post my second fanfiction. I will still write this one, I'll just write the other one too. Yaaaay!

Also, does it get confusing when I write the people's thoughts? I don't know why, but I feel like that might get confusing.

One of my friends made an account and they have three stories! In one of them, guess what, everyone dies! Hahaha! Anyway, her profile is @Tikki99 and she is awesome!

Well, that was a lot of exclamation points.

And now that all of my special announcements are over, vote, comment, follow me, and tell your friends about my story. Does it get annoying that I say that in every chapter?

Bye bye my little froggies!

-Jessica

P.S. Ribbit.