Chapter 10: What is going to happen?

~Chapter 10~

Louis' POV

"Good morning Avery," I said, turning around. She immediately looked down at the floor. She turned around and started walking back to her room. Oh no you don't. I jumped up and grabbed her hand. Her eyes grew wide and she started gasping again. Great move Louis, you made her have an asthma attack. She pulled out her inhaler and held it up to her face. She clicked the button, but nothing happened. She kept frantically clicking it. It wasn't working. It was empty wasn't it. Her gasping kept growing weaker and weaker.

"Lads," I shouted. "Get in here. Wake up."  Avery was starting to lose her balance, so I lupped her into my arms. Zayn and Liam walked into the room. When their breath hitched, I could tell that they saw Avery.

"Her inhaler's empty," I said. "Zayn, call 911. Liam, get everyone in here." Zayn ran to the kitchen and picked up the phone. Liam walked into the bedrooms. Minutes later, the bus had stopped so the ambulance could find us, and everyone was huddled in a circle around me and Avery. At this point, she couldn't even keep her eyes open.

"She's supposed to have another inhaler just in case," said Jocelyn. "But the orphanage couldn't afford it." We all silenced when Avery's gasping suddenly stopped. She couldn't be dead, could she? I don't know. I don't know anything about this. Liam put his thumb over her wrist and he looked up at me.

"She still has a pulse," he said. "But you should see this." He turned over her fragile hand. Even though she couldn't breath, I could tell that Avery was frantically trying to stop him. I looked down at her wrist, and saw several tiny scars.  I picked up her other hand and saw the same on that wrist. I didn't say anything though, because I didn't want to scare Avery. I did however, feel a few tears slip down my face. I hugged her, and even as weak as she was, she flinched away from me.

"Don't do it again," I whispered in her ear. There was a knock on the door and Josh got up to answer it. He lead the paramedics into the living room and they put Avery on a stretcher and carried her into the ambulance. They said only one of us could go with her, so obviously, that was me. The others promised to meet me at the hospital. In the ambulance, I just held Avery's hand. We got to the hospital, and they said I had to leave, while they wheeled her away. What was going to happen to her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Author's Note

Hi peoples! I am so happy! I just checked and I have 260 reads! So, genius101 is the winner of the comment competition. She is also the only one to comment! :( So, I am going to think of a question for you. My question is... What is one weird thing that you do that even you know is completely pointless. For me, I talk to electronics when they don't go fast enough, by which I mean, two seconds. Yeah, so what about you? Tell me in the comments! Also, everyone always says "fan" in their authors notes. Can somebody tell me what that means? I've heard of fangirling but not that. I'm guessing that it doesn't mean the same thing though, because it's hard to imagine someone squealing and screaming about a story. So vote, comment, fan (whatever that means, but it's apparently a good thing,) and tell your friends about this story (maybe that means the same thing as fan, in which case, don't judge me for being repetitive). By my directioner peoples. And just because I haven't said it yet. You are awesomely awesome awesomes with the awesomest awesomeness that should move to awesometopia in year awesome. That is all.

-Jessica