Chapter 8: What did you think would happen?

~Chapter 8~

Briana's POV

The bus came to a stop. The boys gestured for us to come over to them. We each walked over to our dad, well, Avery didn't. But what else can you expect from Avery. She's mad at him. What's she mad about anyway? And why are the boys all looking at her funny. Did they find out her secret? That's impossible. Even the girls and I didn't know about that. Well, I think Jocelyn might, but that's it. Louis tried to take her hand, but she yanked it away before he could. Paul opened the door from the outside and we were immediately greeted with.... oh no. There must have been millions of fans out there. They were screaming and taking pictures. It didn't take them long to notice the girls and me. I grabbed Josh's arm. Everyone began filing out of the bus. Avery darted through the crowd before anyone could stop her. How is she always able to maneuver through crowds when the rest of us have to slowly wait for people to let us through. It wasn't fair. Louis tried to run after her, but he couldn't get past the fans. Josh and I stepped off the bus. He was immediately asked to sign autographs and take pictures. I started hyperventilating when one of them asked to take a picture with me. She doesn't even know who I am! Why would she want a picture with me? Josh seemed to sense this because he whispered something to Paul, who helped to get the fans to let us past quicker. Geez. When they said that they were famous, I didn't think they meant this famous. We finally got inside and I started to calm down a little bit. I could still hear the fans outside the door though and they were scaring me. Josh bent down and looked at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked me. I nodded. Josh is okay. He doesn't ignore me, but he doesn't bother me when I want to be alone either. Him and the girls are practically the only people that I will actually talk to. I look over to where Louis is yelling at Avery for running away. I already know that's not going to get him anywhere. Laura would yell at her all the time. She doesn't listen to it. Right now she's just looking out the window at the fans. Josh and the rest of the boys led the girls and me to a room that we could wait in while they got ready for their concert. Holly came and sat next to me on the couch. We are pretty much complete opposites. She's energetic, talkative, outgoing, and loves attention. I just try to be invisible. Avery is just pretty much stubborn. Soon, the boys came back here. They told us to follow them. They led us to the area backstage.

"Wish me good luck," Josh said to me, as he went to take his place at the drumset. To tell the truth, backstage is quite hectic, what with everyone running around checking this and getting that. I would never be able to handle showbusiness. After the boys sang their single, "Kiss You," the started answering questions from twitter. The first one was kind of funny and random.

The second one read, "Who were those girls on the bus with you and why did one of them run away from you?" It included a picture of Avery looking through the window of the bus. I looked over to where the real Avery was. Her eyes widened and she started looking at the floor. She always does that when something happens that she doesn't like. I think it's her way of shutting out feelings. I don't think she ever lets anyone except Jocelyn see her cry. I looked back at the boys who were looking over at us. Finally, Zayn spoke up.

"That actually has to do with some extremely important new news for One Direction," he said, "The boys and I, including Josh, each adopted a girl from an orphanage in New England. Would you like to meet them?" The audience cheered. "Come on out girls," Zayn said. We all walked out and I went and stood next to Josh. We all went to the band member who adopted us, except Avery of course. Even on stage in front of a million people, she still wouldn't let Louis think she forgave him, for whatever it is that he did. Wow. When she says she doesn't care what people think about her, she really means that doesn't she.

"This is Briana Devine, Jocelyn Horan, Erica Malik, Caitlyn Payne, Holly Styles, and Avery Tomlinson," Zayn continued. I looked out into the audience and I was relieved to know that they weren't looking at me. They were all just looking at Avery, who was still looking at the floor. he didn't even seem to notice that Louis was now standing right next to her. She turned away from the audience so they couldn't see her face. If I looked closely, I could see that there were tears forming in her eyes. I don't even need to ask to know what's upsetting her. Two seconds later, she ran off stage as fast as her legs could carry her. Jocelyn immediately followed her.

"We're going to take a break for a few minutes and we'll be back before you know it," said Liam. Everyone walked offstage to where Avery and Jocelyn ran off. They weren't where we were waiting before, so we went to look in the dressing room that we were in before.

Jocelyn's POV

Avery was crying into my shoulders now and there was nothing I could do to stop her. The boys were stupid and they should have thought before they changed our names. Anyone would be upset if they were in Avery's position. Unlike the rest of us, her family loved her. Her family actually had a chance of being happy together, but then nature decided to kill them. How did they think she would react? I looked over to the door to see Louis peeking through the window. He looked worried. Wow. I thought he would be mad at her. Whatever he did that got her upset earlier, it must have been really bad.

"Louis wants to come in," I said to Avery.

"Let him then," she said. "But stay here with me." I went and opened the door to let Louis in. He walked right over to Avery.

"Look Avery," he said, "I'm sorry I lied to you. It was the only way I could actually find out about what happened to you without you stopping me. I had to know Avery. I only want to help you. please try to understand that." So that's what he did. The other guys must have been with him too because they were all looking at her funny. No wonder she got so upset. She has a right to her secrets. And they ignored that.

"Just go back to your concert," she replied, refusing to look him in the eyes.

"Not until you forgive me."

"Then you might as well say goodbye to your fans because that's not going to happen."

"Please Avery? You can't stay mad at me forever."

"Watch me."

"Avery Elizabeth Tomlinson-"

"I AM NOT AND WILL NEVER BE A TOMLINSON! WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO COMPREHEND? I ONLY HAD ONE FAMILY AND THEY ARE DEAD. GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL THAT NEITHER YOU NOR ANYONE ELSE CAN EVER REPLACE THEM. MY NAME IS AVERY MORRIS AND NOTHING CAN CHANGE THAT!" Louis seemed shocked. The door opened as Liam came into the room for a few seconds, looking at Avery when he talked, as if studying everything she did.

"Gotta get back on stage mate," he said, "we're performing again." Louis gave Avery one last  apologetic glance before leaving the room once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry the chapter is so short! I felt like I had to write something though because I have been uploading every 2 days. It'll be longer next time. I promise. Pinkie promise. Haha. Funny story, when I was little, I refused to do pinkie swears because I thought that if you broke the promise, you'd need to chop off your pinkie finger as punishment. See, even when I was little I was crazy. Imcrazycuzevenifiwasntcrazyidstillbecrazycuzidwannabecrazy. Did any of you peoples understand that? I know that at least two of you out there do. So, I've decided to make up a game to get more comments. I will ask a question at the end of each chapter. I will read through the answers the next day, and whichever person wrote my favorite comment, I will write their username on my message board in my profile, and they get to pick what the next question is, as long as they write it on my message board before the next update, which, as I said before, will be two days after the previous one. I will answer the question too, unless it's creepy. Also, I will give all of the 10 first answers a shout-out in the next chapter. If I get 10 answers. Don't ask personal questions peoples. I won't answer them. If you don't write a question, then I will just think of another one myself, but as I said in one of the previous author's notes, I am not good at thinking of questions. So... here is the question... (Drumroll please)... What was one thing that you believed when you were little that now you think is completely ridiculous. I already answered that. I look forward to laughing at your answers my little directioner peoples. In the meantime, let us talk about your awesome awesomeness. You gave me over 150 reads! Mind warp! You guys are the awesomest superawesomepeeps in the entire world of awesomeness. So, keep telling your directioner peoples my directioner peoples. I am being weird, so I am going to say goodbye before I scare you all away. Vote! Comment! Tell peoples to read this! Love exclamation points forever! Bye!

-Jess