Chapter 18: What just happened?

~Chapter 18~

Louis' POV

I can't believe that Avery and Caitlyn are in the hospital. It's all my fault. If I didn't take Avery to the bookstore during lunch then Avery would have been able to help Caitlyn in the same way that she always does and Caitlyn wouldn't have cut herself. I looked up to see that it was Officer Anderson who would be asking the questions.

"Can you tell me what happened here?" he asked Liam and I. "because they are both in the hospital for completely different things."

"Well," said Liam. "It's my fault." Is he insane? "Caitlyn has anorexia and I was trying to get her to eat and it turned into a fight so she went upstairs and did that to herself." I could see him holding back tears.

"But then why is Avery covered in blood too?" he asked.

"Avery ran upstairs when she found out about the fight," I explained. I didn't even bother trying not to cry. It was pointless. "We ran upstairs when we heard her scream. When we got there she was trying to bandage Caitlyn with whatever she could find. That's why her clothes are ripped up. She was having an asthma attack because of what she saw, but I couldn't get her to use the inhaler. I tried to pull her away from Caitlyn, but she just kicked me and wouldn't stop. She didn't stop until her lungs were completely closed." The officer wrote down everything I said.

"We will be checking this information with other people," he said. "Personally I don't think you would do this to them, but it has happened to Avery too many times to count. I won't let it happen again."

"I understand," I told him.

"Can we please go see the girls now?" Liam asked.

"Well I don't need you anymore," he said. "You'll just have to check in at the front desk over there." Liam and I left the room and went to the front desk.

"What can I help you with?" the lady asked us.

"We're here to see Avery Tomlinson and Caitlyn Payne," Liam said. The lady typed a few things into her computer.

"If you are their guardians then you are actually needed in the operation wing."

"Where's that?" I asked.

"On the fourth floor. Go up in the elevator and turn left. It will be labeled."

"Thank you," Liam said. With that, we left to the elevator. The doors opened and as soon as we stepped out of the elevator, a doctor walked up to us.

"Are you Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson?" he asked.

"Yes?" I said. "Why?"

"So, I assume you don't mind if I tell you both about the girls?"

"Of course we don't," I said.

"Well," the doctor said. "Caitlyn needs a blood transfusion,"

"Then give her one," Liam said.

"The only problem with that is that she has a really rare blood type and we don't have enough doners with that blood type. The only person here who we are certain has the same blood type as her is Avery."

"How would you know that?" I asked.

"A few years ago, Avery was in the hospital and Caitlyn volunteered to give blood for her," he said.

"Well then shouldn't you be asking Avery what she wants to do?" I asked.

"We can't exactly do that," he said. "She's in a coma. We're asking you Mr. Tomlinson because you are her legal guardian now aren't you?"