Chapter 7: How Do You Deal With It?

~Chapter 7~

Louis' POV

Wake up Niall. Why wont he just wake up already!? We need to leave. Yes. We are going to finally find out what happened to Avery. That's it. I can't wait any longer. I went into the kitchen and got a glass of freezing cold water from the sink. I went back to our room and poured it on Niall.

"What the-" he began. But I cut him off.

"Get up. We need to leave."

"Why so early in the morning?"

"It's not early. It's 11 AM. And we have a lot to do. You need to get ready" I left the room and went into the living room. The girls were all sitting on the couch talking about something. I sat down and checked twitter. One of the tweets said, "I can't wait for your concert tonight. I'm gonna be in the audience!"

I forgot about the concert. We'll have to do everything really quickly so we can get there in time. Which is not going to happen if Niall doesn't get out of our room. The rest of the lads are already waiting in the kitchen. I went into our room and knocked on the door. Niall opened the door and followed me into the kitchen. There was a knock on the door. Good Paul is here. I opened the door and let him in.

"The girls are in the living room," I told him.

"Good luck," he said.

"Thanks." The lads and I walked outside and as were walking to the orphanage, Niall asked me something.

"What are we going to do if it's something really bad?" I hadn't thought of that.

"I don't know Niall," I said. "But we can't do anything unless we know what it was." He nodded and we talked about random things for the rest of the walk. After a few minutes, we got there and I opened the door to the orphanage. Laura was sitting at her desk and she looked up at me.

"Hello," she said, seeming nervous.

"Hello," I said to her.

"Are you bringing them back already Mr. Tomlinson?"

"No. Of course not. I was just trying to figure something out." She seemed to relax a little bit. "When we adopted the girls, you said that the only people who knew about what happened to Avery were one of her friends and a police officer. I was just wondering if you could tell me the name of the officer."

"Oh of course. If you want to talk to him, Just go to the police station down the street and ask for Officer Anderson"

"Thank you ma'am," I said, before the lads and I left. We took a minute to walk to the police station. Niall's question wouldn't stop replaying itself in my head. I shook the thought from my mind and the lads and I walked into the police station.

"Excuse me," I said to the man at the desk. "I was wondering if you could tell me where I could find Officer Anderson."

"I am Officer Anderson," he said. "What do you want?"

"I was told by the owner of the orphanage that you know something about a girl named Avery."

"Yes. Why? Did anything happen to her?" he said, now seeming concerned.

"No. I was just wondering if you could tell me what happened to her. I adopted her a few days ago and I really want to help her but I can't unless I know what happened." The officer looked down at his computer and typed a few things in.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Louis Tomlinson," I told him. He looked back up at me and he seemed really nervous.