Chapter 21: Do you really think that's gonna work?

~Chapter 21~

Avery's POV

I'm sitting in my room packing for the rehab center. I have to go there in a few minutes and being me, I procrastinated until the last minute. Haha. I finally shoved the last of what I wanted to bring into my suitcase. Let's see, what did I pack? I packed 16 pairs of jeans, about 20 t-shirts, 2 dresses, a box of bracelets (I don't even know how many of those there are), and the entire Harry Potter series... and the Narnia series... and the twilight saga.. and my chemistry kit. Don't even tell me I overpacked. I need something to entertain me. Seriously, if they think they can actually get me to participate then they must be insane. So, I also packed blank paper, and sheet music, and markers, and lined paper, and colored pencils and paint... and clay. Yeah... I'm absolutely insane. Well, can you blame me. Now, where to put my phone? I just make up my mind to put it in my shirt. I've been to the website and all they do is look through your bag and then they ask you to turn your pockets inside-out. Anyway, I'm gonna go check on Caitlyn now. I walk to her room and knock on the door.

"Come in!" I hear her call. I open the door and walk in.

"I can't think of what to pack!" she panics. "What are you supposed to wear to a rehab center?"

"How would I know? I just packed everything I own. However, if you're worried about entertainment, I got that covered."

"Seriously?" she asked. "Everything?" I nodded.

"Even the princess pajamas that Louis got you?" I nodded. I may be fourteen, but you are never too old for princess.

"What am I supposed to pack?"

"Calm down," I said. "I'll take care of it." I run around her room throwing everything that could possibly be even the slightest bit useful into the suitcase.

"There," I said. I try to smush it all down so that it will fit in the suitcase, but it doesn't work. Stupid solids. Oooh! I know what to do!

"Louis!" I call.

"What are you doing?" Caitlyn asks.

"Calling Louis!" I said. "What does it look like?"

"Yes," but why? Before I can answer, Louis walks into the room."

"Louis," I say. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure," he says. "What do you need."

"Can you sit on the suitcase?"

"Umm.. sure?" Louis sits in the suitcase. Yay! It works!

"Umm... can I get up now?" he asks. I nod. Just then, Harry walks past the door. Louis tries to get up but falls back in. Harry falls to the floor laughing. Louis gets up again, being careful this time, and walks out of the room, "accidentally" kicking Harry on the way out.

"What was that?" Harry asks.

"I have no idea," Caitlyn says, shaking her head.

"Am I going to have to slam another door on your face or are you just going to leave?" I ask. Harry gets up and runs away without another word and I shut the door.

"Well what are you planning on doing when it's time to go home?" Caitlyn asks me.

"Wear lots of layers," is my response. "Why are you so worried about this anyway? Usually Erica's the serious one, not you."

"Because unlike you Avery, I actually need this. I have a problem and if these people say that they can help me, then I'm not going to try and stop them." I hug her.

"Girls!" I hear Liam call. "It's time to go!" Well thanks a lot space time continuum. You just ruined a perfectly good hug. I hope you're happy.

I walk to my room to get my suitcase. WHERE IS MY SUITCASE? Before I can look for it anymore, Louis comes and picks me up. He starts running down the stairs.

"No! Put me down Louis! I have to get my suitcase!" I scream.

"I'm making Harry get the suitcases because he laughed at me," Louis says in all seriousness.

"Okay," I say as he puts me down in the limo and then climbs in after me.

"Do you have your inhaler?" he asks.

"Ummm." Louis smirks as he takes it out of his pocket and gives it to me. I put it in my pocket. Liam and Caitlyn climb into the limo. After them, Harry trudges out of the house, dragging me and Caitlyn's suitcases along with him.

"What did you put in these things?" he asks me. I just shrug. He puts the suitcases into the trunk but before he can leave, Louis and I pull him into the limo.

"You can't leave Harry. We're going to need your help getting them into the building too." He groans. Louis gives the driver the address and in about an hour, we are there. Wait a minute. There are metal detectors. Why are there metal detectors. There wasn't anything about that on the website. I'm hyperventilating. Stop it Avery. You'll look even more insane then they already think you are. Stop it.

"Don't worry about your phone," Louis says. "I already talked to the manager and I said that if they didn't let you call me I wouldn't let you go. They're going to let you keep it with you."

"How did you know about that?" I ask.

"Because I know you Avery. Please answer me whenever I call though."

"Okay Louis," I say, hugging him. "Thank you." We easily get through security and make our way to me and Caitlyn's room. A few minutes later, Harry comes into the room, dragging the suitcases after him. Liam and Louis insist on helping us unpack.

"Okay," I say. "Just only put away the clothes. Everything else is going to stay hidden under the bed."

"What else did you pack?" Caitlyn asks.

"You'll see," I said. Right after I say it Louis takes the science kit out.

"You're not planning on participating are you?" he laughs.

"Nope," I say, popping the P.

"Paint?" he asks, holding up my art kit.

"Yup," I say. "There should be some canvas in there too. You know, just to make the room a little more interesting." Louis looks at me like I'm insane.

"What?" I say. "I'm going to be here for two weeks, and this place is seriously boring." He just stares at me.

"Do I have something on my face?" He just goes back to unpacking. I'll take that as a no... I guess.

After we finish unpacking, Louis, Liam and Harry are forced to leave. Stupid rules. I just lie down on my bed and play temple run. Caitlyn's looking around the room. After a few while, when Caitlyn went to the bathroom (haha private bathroom), a boy with jet black hair and a really energetic red-haired girl who look about my age come into the room. They don't look the same age as me, but they look my age. And might I just add, they are quite loud in doing so. They made me die in temple run. And I almost beat my high score. They are arguing about some game and it is kind of annoying me.

"So," I yelled over their argument. "I'm assuming that you're our roommates?" They just stare at me. Okay, this is seriously creeping me out.

"Hello?" I say, clapping my hands in front of their faces. "Earth to strangers."

"OMG!" red-head screams, jumping up and down. "You're Avery Tomlinson! Oh my god you are like, my idol! I can't believe you're my roommate!"

"Your idol is an eight-year-old?" cranky-pants asks.

"What did you say?" me and red-head ask at the same time.

"Are you serious?" she freaks out at him. "This is Avery Tomlinson! She's Louis Tomlinson's daughter! And she's fourteen for your information."

"Louis?"

"From One Direction!" she screams.

"Oh," he says. We calm down and soon notice Caitlyn standing in the bathroom doorway staring at us.

"Oh my god!" red-head screams. "Caitlyn is here too! This is seriously the best day of my life!"

"So," Caitlyn says. "Lets be normal people for a few seconds and introduce ourselves. Like normal people." Normal people? None of us are normal people. That's a foreign concept. How would I know how they act. The last normal person I talked to was Laura from the orphanage. Well, at least I can try.

"I'm Gage," cranky-pants says. "My teacher sent me here because apparently I'm not allowed to yell at the teacher for putting me next to someone I hate. So, yeah, now she thinks I have anger issues."

"I'm Chloe," red-head says. "The lawyer said I have to go here. I'm supposedly 'violent' because I hit my ex-boyfriend in the face with a chair when I saw him cheating on me."

"Can I hug you?" I ask.

"Please do," she says. I hug her and then went and sat on my bed.

"You already know who I am so I don't have to be normal. Haha Caitlyn," I say. "But now I have a question for you. Why are we sharing a room with a boy?"

"Because he attacked all him other roommates," Chloe says.

"You know," I say. "Your teacher might just be onto something."

"We should probably go to sleep," Chloe says, looking at the clock on the wall. "People will be coming around to check on us in ten minutes and if we're not asleep then they will literally stand there watching you until you are asleep."

"Good!" I scream. I get in my bed and put my phone in the pillowcase and go to sleep. The peoples just stare at me. Oh well, people seem to be doing that a lot today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi peoples! Guess what! I seriously just found the thing that will tell you how many words it is. This is 1632 words! I'm sorry, I know it took a long time. In my defense, I have an excuse. I had to use a different computer to type the chapter, and I spent longer on it then I had spent on any other chapter ever! Then when I went to press publish, it froze and deleted the entire chapter and I had to rewrite it! Writing is only fun when it's the first time you're writing it. So, I didn't re-write it all at once because I knew I would get bored and therefore it would be lazy writing and I didn't think that would be fair to you guys. I'm sorry.

In other news, I have started writing another story and I will start publishing it as a present to you when I have fifty followers. It is a One Direction kidnapping story and in all honesty, I feel better about that story then I do about this one. But don't worry, I'm still going to keep updating this one. So, if you want to read another story by me then go follow me. If you have ever commented or anything on this story, then you might be surprised that I am most likely following you.

For those of you who haven't already read it, I have another story published on wattpad and it is not a One Direction story. It isn't divided into chapters either. Though, if you want to read it, it's there. It takes place in medieval Europe and it is kind of depressing. Sorry about that. Also, my grand-father commented on it today. Haha. Anyway, you can check that out.

Thank you so much for reading my story and just so you know, I love all of you peoples. Seriously, before wattpad, I could never get people to read my stories because most people were always busy but now on wattpad, my story has 6,684 reads. That is amazing! I actually have some really good ideas for this story and I will be posting them once I figure out how to work them into the plot.

Just so you know, I do write some stories that I don't put on wattpad. I also write plays and movies. The things I post on wattpad are things that I wouldn't be able to publish as a book like what you would get in a library. Except for the other story that I already have published because that is just to show people what I am capable of. By the way, when I do actually get a book published, for kindle and stuff, I will tell you because I am planning on it. But in all honesty, it probably won't happen for a long time. :(

Once again, I'm sorry I don't update that often anymore. I'm in four different choirs and private voice lessons okay? I don't have a lot of free time. There's some of you that I don't understand. Some of you update your stories about twenty times a day and still have time for stuff like this. Seriously, to those people, what is your secret? I want to be able to do that.

So, that's really all I have to say. If you want to talk to me them feel free to say something on my message board. Or you could talk to me on the private one on one messaging thing that I don't know what to call. And now for a magical air hug thing. See, I'm hugging you. Okay now the hug is getting awkward... Lets stop hugging... Thank you! Also, please comment because seriously, every time I get a comment on my story people think I'm weird because I'm doing a happy dance on the bus. Yeah, I'm a freak. Oh well. We can all be freaks together.

Goodbye my little skeletons!

-Jessica

Things to comment about

1. What is the little message thing called?

2. What should I call you in my next update?

3. What is Avery going to do tomorrow?

4. How do I become a magicalawesomenessfairyofonedierctionlandwhoupdatestheirstorytwentytimesadaybecausetheyaresoawesomeandarethebestpeopleeverandarereallyexcitedforonedirectionsnewalbumthatisgoingtobecalledmidnightmemoriesandaretotallygoingtogetitassoonasitcomesout? Seriously, I want to know.