Chapter 4: Why won't you tell me?

.~Chapter 4~

Jocelyn's POV

Is someone shaking me? Someone is shaking me. Go away. I don't wanna get up. Leave me alone! Fine! I'll wake up! Happy?

"Good morning Jocelyn!" Niall said to me. Well it was before you decided to wake me up.

"Morning Niall," I looked around the room. Everyone is awake except for Avery. Why doesn't Avery need to get up? That's not fair. Niall picked me up and carried me out of the room. What is he doing? Out me down! "I can walk," I told him. He laughed. Why did he laugh at me? What did I do that was so funny? Nothing. That's what I did.

"I know," he said. Well obviously you don't. "But you're my daughter now so why would I make you walk?" Since when did I say I didn't want to walk? He put me down in one of the kitchen chairs. Louis was sitting right across from me. What was this, some kind of interrogation?

"Jocelyn," said Louis, "Do you know what happened to Jocelyn?" Of course I know but I also know that until Avery wants you to know, it's none of your business. I shook my head and Louis got up, clearly frustrated. Was that it? No more questions?

"One of you is lying to me! Why won't you just tell me!?" he screamed in my face.

"Lou, calm down," said Niall, who was standing right next to me.

"How am I supposed to help her with anything if I don't know what happened!?" he yelled. This was starting to scare me, and I could tell from the look on her face that Erica was scared too. Niall and Zayn pulled Louis out of the room. Liam followed them.

"Louis," said Liam in the other room, "you can still find out what happened to her." Do they realize that we can hear every word they are saying?

"How though," Louis said desperately.

"Laura from the orphanage said that there was a police officer who knew everything. We'll go find out who he is and since you are Avery's legal guardian, he'll have to let you." Oh no. He can't do that. Why is Liam helping him too? Avery will be crushed.

I ran out of the room and Harry followed me. Why is he following me? He caught up to me and grabbed my arm right before I could open the door to our room.

"You know don't you?" he asked me. What am I supposed to do now? I kicked him in the gut and then ran into the room and locked the door.

"Avery! Wake up Avery!" I shouted at her as I shook her awake. She opened her eyes. That didn't take long.

"What?" she asked. She was tired, not that I blame her.

"They are going to find out what happened to you. They are going to ask the officer that found you and he will have to tell you. Also, Harry is outside the door listening to every word we say."

Avery walked over to the door and looked under it.

"He's pressing his ear against the door" she whispered. Then she kicked the door so that it whacked him in the head. We heard him scream from outside the door.

"Go away Harry," she said, then she turned back to me. "They can't find out what happened."

"I'm sorry," I said, "but I don't think we can stop them." I pulled her into a hug and she started crying into my shoulder. There was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Louis. Can I talk to Avery?"

Louis' POV

I need to find out what happened to Avery. I know she doesn't want me to, but I'm her father and I need to know. I asked all of her friends, who are kind of like my nieces now I guess, since I think of the boys as my brothers, but they all said that they didn't know. I know that one of them is lying, and Harry just told me that it's Jocelyn. The lads and I are going to find the officer that Laura told us about tomorrow and he will tell me what happened. We're going to leave the girls with Paul. Right now, though, I need to deal with Avery. Harry said she is in her room crying. I'm gonna tell her I'm not going to find out. I don't want to lie to her, but I have to. I walked to her room and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Jocelyn answered.

"Louis," I said. "Can I talk to Avery.?" I heard them whispering some things but I couldn't understand the words. Soon Jocelyn opened the door, and left. She glared at me when she walked past. I walked into the room. Avery had her head under the covers again.

"Why do you want to know so much?" she asked.

"I only wanted to help you," I told her. "But if you really don't want me to know, then I'll stop trying to find out." I hate lying to her, but I had to cheer her up some how.

"Really?" she asked, taking her head out of the covers.

"Really."

"Thanks Louis," she said smiling. That was the first time I saw her smile and I hated it because I had to lie for her to be happy. I hope she won't be too mad at me when I find out what happened. But, knowing Avery, she will be.

"Avery," I said, getting her attention. "Tomorrow, the lads and I are going to get you all something, a surprise. You and the other girls are going to stay here with Paul." That wasn't really a lie, we were going to get her something. That just wasn't the only thing we were going to do.

"Who's Paul?" she asked, seeming frightened.

"Don't worry," I said to her. "He's just one of our bodyguards." She nodded and hugged me.

"Are you going to come out of here now?" I asked. She nodded and climbed down the ladder. We walked out of the room together, as father and daughter. She trusts me, and I am going to have to betray her. I am a horrible person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note

Hi guys! Yay! Thank you so much for reading my story! You are awesome! So, what do you think? Oooooooh! Who's your favorite charachter? Do you think Louis should have lied to her? Tell me in the comments please!!!! And vote. And tell your friends about my story. You know you want to. If you follow me, I'll try to follow you back and check out your stories! Love you guys! Bye!

PS. Was that too many exclamation points?

Daughters of One Direction - On HoldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara