Chapter 20: Is she really okay?

~Chapter 20~

Caitlyn's POV

I had been here for about two weeks now and a lot of the stitches were out. I can actually walk around the hospital room now and I get to leave the hospital later today. Then as soon as Avery wakes up I'm going to the rehab center with her. I hate knowing that it's my fault that she's in the coma. It's my fault that we have to go to the rehab center. This whole thing is my fault.

Before I could spend any more time wallowing in my own self-pity, the door opened and Tara came in. She was taking the rest of the stitches out and then once she was done with that I could leave. She took out her tools and started working while I talked to her.

"Tara?" I asked. "How long do you think it will be before Avery wakes up?'

"I'm sorry but it's impossible to tell Caitlyn. Are you excited to go home?"

"Not so much going home as leaving this place. It gets really boring sitting here all day."

"I can imagine," she said. "Once your dad gets here to pick you up make sure you check out at the front desk before you leave. Okay?"

"Got it."

"Bye Caitlyn."

"Bye Tara." She left and I looked down. I had bandages on my arms and legs and a few on my stomach. It reminded me of when Avery came back to the orphanage from one of her foster homes. I can only imagine what happened to her. I'm not going to try to find out though because I really don't want to get into a fight with Avery. No one ever does. She always wins arguments, so it's completely pointless to even try. I got changed out of the hospital gown and into jeans and a t-shirt, carefully avoiding the bandages. I already knew that this was going to be tiring. The bandages were itchy too I have to keep wearing them for a week though.

"Hi Avery," I said. "I don't know if you can hear me but I get to leave this place today. I don't know if you will remember anything when you wake up, but I hope you will. Once you wake up we have to spend two weeks at rehab. At least we'll be roommates. So, bye Avery." When I said that I looked over to see the door slowly being opened as Liam came into the room. He picked me up and hugged me. As a matter of fact, he didn't let go of me.

"You can let me go now Liam," I said.

"Nope," he said, still hugging me. "I need to make up for two weeks worth of hugging." After what seemed like an hour, he finally let go of me.

"We need to check out at the front desk before I can leave," I said. We went down the elevator and checked out and then went into the limo.

"Liam?" I asked.

"Yes Caitlyn?" I looked down, at my sneakers.

"I'm sorry. I was being irrational and now Avery is in the hospital and it's my fault." I felt myself being pulled into my dad's lap.

"Don't be sorry," he said, hugging me. "I pushed you too hard. Just promise me you won't do it again?" I looked up at him, absolutely shocked that he wasn't mad at me.

"I promise," I said. "But Louis is probably mad at me isn't he? And Avery probably will be too when she wakes up."

"Louis is just mad in general for what happened to Avery. He's mad at the world, not you. And Avery knew that she was having an asthma attack and she decided herself that you were more important then that. She could have easily used her inhaler if she wanted to."

Just then the limo pulled up at the house. I lived there and it still shocked me every time I saw it. It was way fancier then what I was used to. I walked inside and was immediately surrounded by my sisters hugs.