Chapter 1: What do you mean adoption?

~Chapter 1~

Liam’s POV

RING!!! RING!!! I picked up my phone. Simon was calling me on FaceTime. What was so important that he needed to call me at 3 in the morning? I pressed the answer button.

“Hi Simon,” I said groggily as I struggled to keep my eyes open.

“Hello Liam,” he said. I want you to go wake up all of the boys. Including Josh.” Why would he need to talk to Josh too? I dragged myself out of bed and trudged into each of the boys’ rooms. I shook them each awake and told them to meet me in the living room. Then I walked down the stairs, almost tripping on the way. I walked in the living room to find that the other boys were just as tired as I was. No surprise there. Niall was practically asleep.

“NIALL!!!” Louis yelled loudly in his ear. Niall jumped up and glared at Louis.

“Hello boys,” Simon said sternly.

“Hi uncle Simon,” they all said.

“Sorry I called so early. I forgot that you are in a different time zone,” he said. We are on tour and we are in America now. I think we are in a place called New England. Funny name. We were staying at a hotel just for tonight and we got a really big suite. Mostly because we didn’t feel like staying cooped up in the tour bus for three months.

“Have you boys checked twitter recently?” he asked us. We gave him confused looks and Niall pulled out his phone. His eyes grew wide at what he saw. He showed it to the rest of us. It was pictures of us at the party we had after out concert last weekend. Most included us completely drunk and there were a few of Harry in nothing but his boxers. I could tell that Simon was angry about this. I don’t blame him. We were only two weeks into our tour and this was the third time that this had happened.

“How are we going to fix it this time?” asked Louis, suddenly turning serious.

“We are done fixing things,” said Simon. “We are going to make sure that nothing like this ever happens again. You are each going to adopt a child tomorrow morning.”  Did he seriously just say each of us? Six kids!?

“Did you just say each of us?” Harry said, reading my mind.

“Yes,” Simon replied calmly. “If I only had you adopt one of them then you could easily just leave the child with one of your band mates and go get drunk. When you each adopt one then you will need to always make sure you are not drunk. You can still have parties and things like that, you just can’t let them get insane like they did last weekend.”

“Why do I have to?” Josh complained.

“You went to that party too Josh,” Simon replied. “Tomorrow you will all go to the girls orphanage in Boston and you will each adopt one of the girls. I am aware that there are two bedrooms on the tour bus. You boys will all have to share one of the rooms and the girls will get the other.” Simon hung up the FaceTime. Me and the boys and I just stared at each other.

“I don’t think I am going to be able to do this,” Niall finally said.

“I don’t think we have a choice” Zayn replied.             

“We’ll get through this,” I told them. “For now I think we should all get some sleep and we’ll deal with tomorrow when we get there.”