Chapter 5: When did that happen?

~Chapter 5~

Avery's POV

Why did I agree to leave the room. Harry's probably mad at me. He won't hurt me though. Right? Yeah, he won't hurt me. Not with Louis there at least. We walked into the kitchen where everyone was.

 "Oh hi Avery," said Harry. "It was so nice of you to kick the door. I really appreciated that." I glared at him.

"Yeah well it was nice of you to spy on us," I replied. "Did you forget about that part of the story?" Harry shut up and Louis laughed. I don't think it's very funny. I walked over to the table and sat next to Jocelyn. Holly is still glaring at me. What is she so angry about? She'll get over it eventually. She always does. I'll have to ask her about that though. Louis gave me a plate of waffles and I started to eat them. They tasted like cardboard. I suppose all food does to me though. Caitlyn is just picking at her food like she always does.

"Caitlyn," Liam said, "eat your food." Good luck with that Liam.

"But I'm not hungry." Lie. She was always hungry. She just never ate. She was almost as skinny as me, but I was just skinny because I had been starved on several occasions. I don't really feel hunger anymore. But at least I eat when people give me food. Even though it's just to be polite.

"I don't care. You obviously don't eat enough." He shouldn't have said that.

"I thought you guys were supposed to be fun!" And that is why. I got up an walked over to the fridge and looked through it until I found a peach. I washed it and when I turned around, everyone was staring at me.

"What are you all staring at?" I asked. They looked away. Good. That was annoying me. I opened up one of the cupboards looking for a plate. I couldn't reach it so I climbed onto the counter. They probably thought I was insane. I got down a plate and took a knife out of one of the drawers. Louis came over and took it out of my hands.

"I'm not two," I told him.

"Yet you still had to climb onto the counters." He smirked and cut up the peach for me. I gave it to Caitlyn.

"At least eat that," I told her. She agreed. Knew it. She would always agree to eat fruits. They were less fattening. Niall took her waffles. What! How did he already finish his?

Louis' POV

How did Avery know that Caitlyn would actually eat that? I suppose it made sense though. After all, she had known her for longer. I thought that Avery was anorexic. How else would she be so skinny? I guess not though. She ate about half of what was on the plate. Then she just got up and walked away to her room. She came out with a change of clothes and walked into the bathroom.

"Don't come in," she shouted. She was going to go throw up wasn't she! The boys were looking at me with wide eyes. I got up and listened at the door. I heard water running. Guess she wasn't. a few seconds later, I heard... singing.

 (A/N: Play "Because of You" by Kelley Clarkson)

"I will not make the same mistakes that you did.
I will not let myself
Cause my heart so much misery.
I will not break the way you did,
You fell so hard.
I've learned the hard way
To never let it get that far."  

Her voice was powerful. It was definitely not what anyone would expect from Avery.

"Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk.
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt.
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me.
Because of you
I am afraid."   

You could practically hear the emotion in her voice. It was like she could relate to what the song was about.

"I lose my way
And it's not too long before you point it out.
I cannot cry
Because I know that's weakness in your eyes.
I'm forced to fake
A smile, a laugh everyday of my life.
My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with." 

I gestured for the lads to come over here. They did and when they heard her they looked shocked.

"Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk.
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt.
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me.
Because of you
I am afraid."   

I wonder what she was thinking about when she sang this. More importantly, I wondered who she was thinking about. 

"I watched you die
I heard you cry every night in your sleep.
I was so young
You should have known better than to lean on me.
You never thought of anyone else
You just saw your pain.
And now I cry in the middle of the night
For the same damn thing."  

She seemed like she really was angry. It scared me a little bit that she could sound like this.

"Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk.
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt.
Because of you
I try my hardest just to forget everything.
Because of you
I don't know how to let anyone else in.
Because of you
I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty.
Because of you
I am afraid."   

She turned quiet for this verse. It sounded almost like she was giving up.

 "Because of you
Because of you"

(End of the song. The writing will be normal again.)

The water turned off. Me and the lads left and went to our room. Wow. We got there and we just stared at each other in shock.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Woah! Avery sings! This is the worst chapter of them all in my opinion. Sorry it was so bad. Next time I use a song, should I write all of the lines like I did in this one, or should I just write the important ones that have some meaning in the story? Tell me in the comments. No one writes comments. That makes me sad.  I have a challenge for you. It is very simple. I want at least (drumroll please...) 2 comments! That's all. Aren't I nice? Maybe? I'm not sure. I'm nice for not asking for that many comments, but I'm not nice for asking you for any comments at all. There, that is my weird logic. I already wrote the next chapter so I will upload it the day I get those 2 comments. So, please comment. That is all my wattpad peoples. So, vote (please), comment (please). Hmm... What else do I usually ask you to do. Oh yeah, tell your friends about my story and follow me.

So, just cause I feel like writing it, here are some other things you could write in the comments.

1. Who is your favorite of the girls?

2. What do you think happened to her?

3. What do you think about the song I picked for Avery to sing?

4. What is your opinion about Louis babying Avery?

5. What else should I ask questions about next chapter because I am not good at thinking of things to ask people. (Which is kind of weird because I can write stories.)

Bye

Signed, -Me