Chapter 11:How do I know that?

~Chapter 11~

Avery's POV

Beep...beep...beep. Where am I. I opened my eyes. I'm in a white room. Am I dead? No, there wouldn't be an annoying beeping noise if I was. I try to sit up, but as soon as I did, my vision became obscured and I felt dizzy. I put my head back down so that I didn't pass out. Oh right, now I remember. Louis made me have an asthma attack. Stupid Louis. I'm must be in the hospital right now. The door opened and a nurse walked in.

"Hello dear," she said in a sickeningly sweet voice. "Nice to see you awake again. Do you want me to go get your father." I wanted to jump out of the bed and claw her eyes out. Why doesn't anyone understand that he is not my father? Is that really so hard to comprehend. I wanted to say so, but that would just cause suspicions, and I don't want to be sent back to the orphanage.

"Sure," was all I said. She nodded and walked out, seconds later, the boys all came running into the room, my sisters right at their heels. There was way too many people in the room right now. They all hugged me at once. I mean, seriously. I just regained use of my lungs. Don't take that away from me again.

"I was so worried about you," Louis said. Of course he was. He's always going to be worried about me because he thinks I'm just a fragile little girl. Probably even more so now that he saw my cuts. Speaking of which, I am going to KILL Liam for that. He revealed the one thing that I hadn't even told Jocelyn, to more than 10 people. And I wonder who else they have told by now. "Guys," said Louis, "can you leave? I want to talk to Avery." As they all left, I saw everyone staring at my wrists. I put my hands under the blankets so they couldn't. Haha. As soon as they were gone, I looked out the window, as I couldn't look at the floor right now. Louis put his hand on my face though, so that I couldn't turn away. I just closed my eyes. I felt his hand pulling on my arm, trying to get my hands out of the blankets. That's not going to happen. I pulled myself under the blankets and held them shut with my hands. I saw something on my finger. It was a sensor thing. It was keeping track of my pulse wasn't it? I pulled it off and the beeping started going crazy. I heard the door open as a nurse rushed into the room. She saw what was going on, and helped Louis pry the blankets from my fingers. Why do people keep helping him? She tried to put the sensor back on me, but every time she did, I just pulled it off again. She looked at Louis, as if asking him what she was supposed to do.

"It's okay," he said. "I'll keep an eye on her." The nurse nodded and left. "Now you can't just tell me to go away." Louis smirked. How about I punch you in the face huh? Will you still be smirking then?

"What do you want?" I mumbled.

"I want you to tell me about the scars on your wrists."

"You already know about them. And thanks to Liam, so does everyone on the bus."

"Why did you do it?"

"Why do you think I did it idiot?"

"Don't call me an idiot. I'm your father."

"First of all, everyone always says honesty is the best policy, so why shouldn't I call you an idiot? And second, no you're not."

"Why are you so afraid of opening up. You hide everything Avery."

"That doesn't mean I'm afraid. That just means I'm smart. If people know your weaknesses, they can use them against you. Seriously, have you ever picked up a book in your life? It's a pretty common theme, betrayal"

"I know perfectly well that you didn't get your ideas from a book. You're not that easily influenced. If you were, you would be exactly the same as your friends."

"Sisters," I corrected him. "They are the closest thing to family I have. We all are to each other. Is this really so hard to comprehend?"

"Tell me about the people who adopted you before I did."

"Simple, some of them adopted me because they wanted me to work, and as I'm sure Officer Anderson has already told you, they thought it was fine because my life was already messed up. The rest of them, they were like you at first. But then they got sick of me. So they became worse than the others." I looked up at him. He looked shocked. "What?"

"Nothing, I just never heard you say so much at once."

"Well get used to it. It's kind of fun. Now, I have a question for you. Why did you adopt us?"

"Well... we felt like our lives were missing something." I looked into his eyes. Lies. I can always tell when someone is lying to me. They avoid eye contact. That doesn't work when people try that on me though, because I avoid eye contact anyway.

"You're lying. You were perfectly happy and you had some other motive. Looks like I'm the detective now."

Zayn's POV

We were all in the hospital cafeteria except for Louis and Avery. Niall decided he was hungry and dragged us all down here. I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket. Haha. It tickles. I pulled out my phone and read the screen. Perrie was calling me. I pressed the answer button and she immediately started yelling.

"You adopted little girls. Why didn't you tell me this?" Oh shoot. I forgot about our girlfriends. How could I forget?

"Oh. Sorry babe. I can't believe I didn't tell you."

"Isn't this a little sudden though?" What should I say? The girls are right here. I couldn't say that our manager made us adopt them. They would get upset. And we do care about them.

"Can I talk to you about this later babe? And I promise you will get to meet Erica as soon as we get back to England"

"Fine. But call me as soon as you can. Bye."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and looked at Liam. "I'd tell Danielle about Caitlyn before she finds out on her own." He looked at me like he was going to start laughing.

"I already did. I thought you would have too. Is that what Perrie was talking about?" Well now I feel stupid. Louis probably told Eleanor too.

"You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend," Erica said.

"I guess I was just really distracted"

"Yet your manager knows about us?" What am I supposed to say now. Liam seemed to know what was going on and answered for me though.

"It's his job to know everything about us. We have to tell him, and even if he didn't, Paul would." I mouthed a thank you to him. I looked over my shoulder to see Niall coming back with his hands full of food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note.

 Woah! Over 340 reads! You guys are the best! Sorry about the short chapters I've been writing lately. Hopefully this will turn out long, but I don't really know, because the writing thing formats it differently then when you actually read it. So, has anyone figured out what it means to fan on wattpad? I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me in the comments, or the messaging thingamajig, of my message board on my profile. Also, genius101 won the comment competition again. Please comment. Pretty please with superawesomeness on top? So, since genius101 didn't post a question (again), I'll make one up. If you could have any super power in the entire world, what would it be? I would want to control the weather. That way if people annoy me, I could give them their own personal storm cloud. And my dog wouldn't ever make me fall like I said a lot about on the message board in my profile today, because there would never be thunder. Also, amusement parks would never need to close because of storms. Plus, I wouldn't need to hear the sound of a fan, because I would make the wind just go by itself. I'm going to shut up about super powers now. So, thatk you thank you thank you for the reads!!!!! :D So, vote, comment (please), fan (whatever that means), and tell your directioner friends. (Unless you already did about a million times and it's annoying them. Haha. I do that sometimes. By sometimes, I mean a lot). Bye bye my awesome directioner peoples! <3s!

-Jessica