41: Quartet Plus Duo

Start from the beginning

"Could you guys be from Sabio?"

"Not quite, but yes, our temporary living quarters are in Sabio. Should we guide you there?"

Raize contemplated for a few seconds. "We actually split our group earlier, and I'm worried about those two girls somewhere."

With a nod, Kiel also made a thoughtful face. "I'll search for them. You stay with Fatima. She is strong, so don't worry."

With his words, Fatima jolted. Her ears red, and her concentration briefly stopped. But she remained quiet.

The young man then left in the direction Raize pointed at.

Further in the wilderness, there were more of the same kind of beast as earlier. But it was clear that the girls were not anywhere close to where those beasts currently are. He walked to their opposite direction and was led to an abandoned village.

The place was deserted and quiet. He could hear his own breathe. Then all of the sudden, the dirt ground glowed bright gold.

Confused, he stepped back a few paces. With further inspection, he could see a number of almost invisible apparitions. They roamed about here and there.

"Anybody here?" He exclaimed without entering the radius of the glow.

No response came, and the apparitions did not seem to hear his call. Then out of one of the houses, a girl with beautiful long brown hair came into view. Behind her was another lovely girl with brilliant purple wavy hair.

They did not seem to see what he could see.

"Who are you?!" The brown haired girl asked.

"I'm Kiel. Are you Raize's companions?"

Recognizing the name, the brown haired girl looked like she was about to cry. "Is he safe?!!!" Her voice louder and desperate, she asked.

"Yes, he is. And so is the other boy."

His good news allowed the pair of girls to collapse on the floor looking terribly pleased. A few seconds after, the brown haired girl looked more composed than before. She led the march towards me, and once they were in front of me, they introduced themselves.

"Thank you for coming for us. My name is Ulla. A pleasure to meet your acquaintance." As she said so, she offered one of her free hand for a handshake.

Not finding her gesture unusual, Kiel took her soft hand. "The pleasure is mine. And this?" Looking to the other girl, Kiel asked.

Ulla briefly glanced at the still shaken girl. "She is Imhe. As you can see, she will need to have a place to sleep soon and recover. Do you mind if you could lead me to my companions?"

With a smile, Kiel replied, "That is what I am here for."

Seeing his kind smile, Imhe was stunned for a moment only to catch herself blushing as her crimson eyes gazed on Kiel. His back on the two girls, he started to lead the way.

Not long after, Kiel safely accomplished his escort mission. What awaited him was Fatima's usual hug.

"Kiel~~ I've missed you...!"

"Okay." He simply said as he nonchalantly removed Fatima's arms on him.

Imhe witnessed the whole scene agape, and she couldn't help but ask, "Are you two lovers?"

"No."   "Yes."
Looking at Kiel and Fatima confused, Imhe felt herself a pang.

"That's a no for me." Kiel briefly said as he turned his gaze on Raize. "Shall we leave soon?"