Chapter thirty six

"You think I could talk Coop into racing for slips? I want this car" I smile over at Cole in the passenger seat.
"Probably not, Iz bought him this car for popping her cherry. I think it holds sentimental value, if you ask right Iz would probably just get you one to match" he smirks at me.
"She own the company or something?" I scoff.
"I dunno she owns a lot of companies, it's possible"
"She that loaded?" I ask incredulous.
"She's that loaded" he nods. "I have never asked what she's worth but it's more than millions"
"Holy shit" I say impressed.
"Yeah, I pretend I don't know that about her because it does my head in. Where I come from a fucking hundred dollars is cause to celebrate" Cole grumbles.
"You know I don't need to be bought right Baby? This ring you've given me it's amazing Cole, but I don't need anything fancy. I'd marry you with a ring from a gum ball machine" I look at his sweet face and the blinding ice on my hand gripping the small leather steering wheel.
"You get what you're given Elle and you fucking like it" Cole frowns at me. "I'm not a fucking broke ass junkie anymore, I can and I will spoil you as I see fit. I'm no fucking millionaire but I do okay, that ring is so much better than the run down old house I shared with my mother anyway"
"Baby, I didn't mean to offend you... I love my ring I really do. It takes my breath away and feels so good on my hand, I love that it's perfectly us. I love you, I love that you picked this out for me. Just don't think I need a man to buy my affection"
"I'll never paint you as shallow, but on the things that matter baby, like engagement rings that you will be wearing till the day you die I will spend every last cent I own to make sure my lady gets the best. This bed we're buying today will be the best because my lady works way too hard and needs a good night sleep, I don't want you looking at a single price tag and yes I'm footing the bill" Cole smiles lovingly at me.
"Actually you're only half right, I won't be looking at the price tags but we are footing the bill. Our winnings will cover anything we buy to build our little love nest, you were with me every step of the way, it's the first of ours so it's only right it pays for ours. Our bed, our room, our wedding" I smile back.
"Our wedding... you're really going to marry me? You really want to be Mrs Ellie Bentley?" He looks disbelieving and I giggle.
"No" I smile and shake my head. "I really want to be Dr. Ellie Bentley. Damn that sounds so good. I'm going to rub it into Nick's face I swear to god if he gives me any shit tonight I'll be saving every detail for when I'm his boss" I grumble.
"Who's Nick?" Cole asks rubbing his stubble.
"Chief of the ER, Dr. Newton. I'm on the front line again tonight which means he'll be my boss. He has a thing for making us nurses feel like shit stuck to the bottom of his shoe" I explain with a sigh.
"I want to tell you I'll take care of him for you but I won't. Nurse Keyes is a badass who I know can take care of herself, just know when you get home I'll be right there to take care of my lady. I promised you I'd be the strong set of arms to hold you up when you need it baby and I'm going to look after you so good" Cole leans over and kisses my temple and I melt into him.
"Thank you, Cole you understand me. You know exactly what I need from you and you be that man without hesitation, I love you so much"
"I'll be anything you need me to be sweetheart because I love you more than I knew I could, I understand you because you were made for me" Cole blushes adorably.
"Damn Boy, you're so lucky I gave Cooper my word we wouldn't have sex in his car. I could climb you right here right now" I smirk.
"You and Coop are becoming quite friendly" Cole licks his lips watching me.
"Yeah I guess we are, he's actually pretty funny. I can see why you love him, I feel like he'd be easy to live with and he reminds me of Jace" I laugh.
"You don't want to like kiss him and shit though right?" Cole worries.
"Oh god no! It would be like making out with Jay, blah" I shudder.
"Good girl" Cole nods and rubs my thigh making my leg tingle and my belly do flips.
"Looks like we're late" I nod to Jessie's Range Rover parked in front of the row of homeware stores. "Bobby was kinda right at breakfast you know, part of me is going to die inside when I need to swap out my car for something with a back seat" I sigh.
"Then don't, when the time is right for you and your career we'll start our family. I don't want you to worry about staying at home, you take exactly as much time as you need and after that I'm totally comfortable with being the stay at home Dad. Beautiful girl if you don't want kids right now you know that's okay? We can make anything work, I understand you're still young and have so many plans" Cole tells me sweetly and I bite my lip to hold back the tears that threaten, I don't know how I feel and if that choice will be mine to make.
"As long as I have you beside me Sexy I know everything will be okay" I park beside Jess and kiss my man deeply and emotionally.
Cole holds my face and I feel his fingers shaking, I know he wants a baby and if I'm honest I love that he wants that. I just don't know if I'm ready yet.