Chapter thirty one

I'm tired and hungry, I'm missing my Boy but Bobby is already blowing up my phone and I promised. I type out the reply that tells her I'll be there in twenty minutes then open a message to Cole.

Hey sexy, if you're still up
you don't need to wait for
me. Having friends is a giant
pain in my ass but I'm such a
push over.
I'll be home with breakfast and
an amazing apology I promise.
Love you and miss you too
much to mention. I'm
counting the minutes till
I can curl up in your arms.
xoxo, the future mrs Bentley.

I walk staring at my screen waiting for an instant reply, thinking maybe he's waiting for me to finish my shift. The little dots appear that tell me he's typing and I skip a few steps with a stupid grin on my face.

Damn future mrs Bentley
has a sexy smile,
those fucking dimples Red!!

I re-read the words over and over trying to decipher his meaning, how does he know I'm smiling? Bumping into something hard I feel arms wrap around me and instincts kick in, my foot slams down on the offenders foot and my palm slams into his nose.
"Holy shit Baby, fuck" Cole groans holding his face.
"Oh god Sexy! Oh baby I'm so sorry" I jump on him hugging and kissing his face.
His arms wrap around me once more and he kisses my mouth long and hard making my already erratic hearbeat quicken further.
"I was just about to tell you that you should be watching where you're going. Clearly it's me who needed a warning" he laughs.
His hands move to my ass as he adjusts his hold on me and I assess the damage to his face.
"Head back let me look at you" I order.
"Ellie I'm okay I promise. I've got a hard head" he chuckles but let's me fuss over him.

I hug him tight and rest my head on his shoulder and we stand like this while I come down for my almost kidnapped brain frenzy. The main doors to the hospital are busy, people come and go but I'm too comfortable in his arms to care what they think. His body is both strong and supportive and soft and patient, paradise.
"Long day beautiful?" Cole asks smoothing back my hair.
"Hmm" I sigh. "I'm sorry, you feel way too good" I kiss him once more and jump to my feet.
"Never apologise for wanting me, I love that you do" he smiles and kisses my forehead.
"Hi" I smile when it hits me that he's actually here.
"Hi Red" he smiles so sexy.
"Are you stalking me?" I tease.
"Maybe" he shrugs. "I finished work and wasn't ready to go home, I started walking and here I am. You hungry baby? I got you a cheeseburger" he picks up a brown paper bag from the seat beside him and holds it out.
"God yes, did you get fries? Oh wow you're good, I'm totally keeping you" I say way too excited.
"You're welcome sweetheart" he looks at me differently, it's hot and it makes me want him. "You have plans Elle?" He asks casually when I just stare at him.
How does he make a work uniform look so good? Tight jeans, black shirt, black leather jacket. He looks exactly like the boys I was warned about in high school, now I know why. You're hooked after the first bite.
"Yeah... how do you feel about dancing?"
"I hold no ill feelings towards it, don't let me crash your night baby. If you have somewhere to be I'll just meet you at home, oh but don't worry about breakfast. We have an invitation to dine with the Masters" he smirks.
"No way!" I laugh and chomp down on my lukewarm cheeseburger.
"Way, your brother and I had a little chat today. I'll never be good enough for you but I think maybe he's willing to give me a chance to make you happy" Cole tucks my messy hair behind my ear and he looks so vulnerable.
"I'm not sure who told him that's his decision to make" I grumble.
"He loves you, he knows I'm a dirtbag" Cole shrugs. "I've been known to run my mouth about women, he's witnessed my bad behaviour first hand and even been present for the awkward walk of shame. He's just protecting you and I don't really blame him" Cole says uncomfortably.
"Yeah well you didn't know me then or how amazing I am, no one can blame you for finding those women lacking or without standard. It's going to be okay now, I'll save you from meaningless one night stands and immoral harlots with their bruised knees" I tease him.
"Good girl, I love you Ellie" he leans in and kisses me hard and heartfelt.
"I love you too, please, come with me. Dance with me" I breathe.
"Okay" he smiles against my lips.