Chapter thirty

I stand the the top of the stairs and take a breath, I hope to god they're not naked. I know better. Still I go down to the basement, I need my big brother.
Thankfully Izzy hates the cold and the blankets are pulled up tight to her chin as she snuggles into Coopers side.
"Hey Coop, you awake man?" I ask even though I know he's not.
"No" he grumbles and rolls to hug his wife.
"Good, I need you. I brought coffee" I say.
"Did you bring two? Can I help?" Izzy mumbles opening her eyes first.
"Uh no, but you snooze you lose bro" I shrug and hand the mug to Iz as she sits up keeping the blankets to her chest.
"What's wrong? Why are you up so early?" Iz asks sleepy.
"Nothing is wrong exactly, Coop!" I whine and nudge his shoulder.
"No" he grumbles again.
"Looks like you're stuck with me, grab me that shirt and turn around" Iz points to Coop's tee shirt on the floor.
"Yeah cause it's not like I've never seen your tits before" I laugh then remember I'm not friends with her anymore and frown.
"Sorry dude, only people who can look me in the eye can look at my boobs" she snaps back at me, guess she didn't like the reminder.
"Stay naked, I don't need the help that bad" I mutter and turn for the stairs.
"Bug wait, I'm sorry. It hurts me too you know, to think how close we were. You came down here for a reason, talk to me" she reaches out and holds my arm, she pulls so I sit on the bed.
"It's a guy thing" I grumble embarrassed.
"Oh, well uh... it happens sometimes and there's nothing wrong with it. Sometimes guys just get too excited. I'm sure Ellie understands" Iz says uncomfortably and Coop busts out laughing.
"So much for sleeping" I mutter at him. "It's not that kind of problem, everything works just fine" I gesture vaguely to my pants.
"Oh thank god" Izzy sighs.
"You can open your eyes douche bag I know you're awake" I shove Coop.
"Alright fuck, what?" He tries to sound grumpy but fails.
"We're going out" I tell him
"No we're not, where aren't we going?" He frowns and sips the coffee Iz holds.
"Into the city, I need to go see Jace and do some shopping. I need a witness incase I don't come back" I run my hands through my hair.
"Ooh pick me, pick me!" Izzy gasps catching on.
"No" I grumble.
"No you have to please, forget you hate me just for today. This is a best friends job Cole, this is my job" Izzy's tears come instant and heartbreaking.
"What is?" Coop asks confused and concerned about his wife's outburst.
"He's buying Ellie a ring, he wants Jace's permission" Izzy smiles sad.
"Dude seriously?" Coop grins and I nod. "Why didn't you just say so? Where is she?" Coop asks sitting up
"At school, she's got work straight after. I have all day to do this, I need to do this right" I stress.
"Have you asked her father?" Iz asks.
"Just now, that was easy, he actually likes me. Pete is a big softy for a big military man, he was crying" I smile.
"That's because he knows you're a good man, he sees the way you look after the women he loves" Iz leans forward and hugs me. "I'm so happy for you" she tells me and kisses my cheek.
"If I let you come with me will you promise to stop touching me?" I turn my face away from her.
"Just a few more seconds" she holds me tighter like I'm important to her, why does she lie?
"Whatever rocks your boat Isabel" I sigh sitting stiffly.
"So what if Jace says no?" Coop asks pulling Iz back to him.
"When he says no I tell him it's happening either way, I won't live without her just to keep him happy" I say but I worry that he can break her down, talk her out of loving me.
"Does she love you the same way?" Izzy asks reading my thoughts, I hate that she knows me so well.
I think about last night, the way her face lit up when she saw me. The way she blew me, the way she held me afterwards. The look in her eyes when we made love, that was more than just sex. Last night she did something to my soul.
"She loves me" I smile.
"Then lets go get her the best fucking ring we can find, do you know what she likes?" Iz beams.
"No but I know someone who would, if you're coming with me you've got ten minutes" I nod grinning back because I'm too excited to be angry right now.
"We'll be up in five" Iz tells me pushing me off the bed laughing and I can't stop from laughing with her.
"You're coming with me brother" I point at Coop and he nods.