Chapter one-/Why am I here?/

Ashleys pov:

I lay in the sheets of my bed staring at the white ceiling above me. My crazy scenarios filling my head thinking that it could come crashing down on me at any moment.

It's what I do every morning. Wake up and stare. I know it seems a little weird, but it's gotten to be a habit of mine. I generally just think of the day ahead. Will it be a good one? Bad? Generic?

I pick up my phone which I left on my bedside table and squint at the new coming light. God I needed to remember to turn the damn brightness down. When I see the time I mentally curse. 5:32am. Damn it! No sleep again. Seeing as there's no point in going back to sleep, I fling the covers over my legs and walk into the bathroom joined to my bedroom.

I huff and scratch the back of my bed hair and groggily strip out of my clothes. I instantly walk over to the bath tub and flick the tap on for the shower. When I see steam coming from the shower head, I step into the boiling water. Instantly I feel the boiling water fall onto my skin. I wet my hair, soaking up the warmth.

After getting a shower, I wrap a towel around my body and comb out my hair with my fingers. I hear small droplets of water fall to the floor when my hair or arms move. Small trickles of water slides down my calfs slightly tickling me.

I go to the sink and look at my reflection. There I am. My wet hair stuck to my neck and travels down to my waist of the towel. My cheekbones looked sunken with a dim shadow under them. My hazel eyes now looked just brown. My freckles hardly looked visible in this light. A jagged scar was lightly seen on my shoulder which goes all the way down to my lower back. Fortunately, it was covered with a tattoo. I have a few of these scars all over, criss-crossing on my body looking like van gouh had a tantrum on his canvas. They all held memories that I tried to shrug off. All in all, I looked and felt like shit. 

Deciding I was dry enough after a good fifteen minutes of just standing, I grabbed my clothes from my drawers. I checked my phone again,6:17am. I went to my wardrobe and picked out a long sleeved T, ripped skinny jeans and my black boots. Checking myself in the mirror, I decided that I looked as good as it was gonna get.

I walked downstairs to silence. It gets quite lonely here. My parents were killed when I was 13. They pissed some people off. Well, a certain person. They weren't the nicest of people anyway. It wasn't as though they were going to die honourable humans.

They bought the house off before I was born and left it to me. This is always the place I crashed at when I needed to but now that I've left him... this is my home now.

Looking at the time again I realise I'm gonna be late, 7:15am. I need to be at school by 7:30am. I head for the door, grab my jacket and lock up. Grabbing my helmet, I climb on my bike and rev up the engine, heading for the school route.

I loved my bike. The only friend I had. Partially my own fault. I've only been here a couple weeks permanently and I haven't spoke to anyone barely. The only acquaintances I have are my buyers.
Now that I'm all alone with food bills, I took it upon myself to sell the last few remaining gear that I stole from my old life. I'd hardly call myself a drug dealer, we're all just trying to survive.

I arrive at the school and I get many stares from other kids. New kid here, yay. I pull up in a car space, I didn't see any for a motorcycle. I take off my helmet and comb my hand through my hair, getting the wind out of it. I always reminded myself to get an actual car when I got enough money.