Chapter 17 - Shattered

"Love doesn’t die with death. Love is like liquid; when it pours out, it seeps into others’ lives. Love changes form and shape. Love gets into everything. Death doesn’t conquer all; love does. Love wins every single time. Love wins by lasting through death. Love wins by loving more, loving again, loving without fear." - Kate O'Neill

*Sakura's POV*

I opened my eyes but I couldn't move. Two strong arms were holding my waist, pressing me to a chest. I groaned. I slowly took his arms off taking care not to wake him up. I climbed out of bed and I took his cloak over my shoulders and over my shorts and tank top that were too revealing.

I put my hand on the doorknob but when I was about to open it I heard his raspy morning voice.

"Where are you going?" of course that I would wake him up. He's Uchiha Itachi, after all. I turned to face him with a soft smile on my lips.

"I will bring you breakfast."

He tried to get up, but fell again on the bed because of the lack of chakra. I rolled my eyes. He is so stubborn.

"Well, I never said that I allow you to leave the bed. At least not today. You are still weak." I told him serious.

He coughed a few times, then laid back. My eyes traveled from his toned chest, to his abs and his v line. I felt the heat raising in my cheeks. I cleared my throat and tried to look unbothered but my voice betrayed me.

"A-and p-put a shirt on, will ya?!" my voice was shaking.

He smirked but obeyed. I nodded, then I exited the room.

In the kitchen was Konan who was preparing the eggs and bacon.

"Ah, smells wonderful." I said cheerfully as I approached her. I sat on the counter. She studied me from head to toes.

"Oh so we have a new member of the organization? Nice to meet you, Haruno of the Akatsuki or should I say... Uchiha of the Akatsuki?" she winked at me while smirking. I blushed.

"I-i don't know what you're talking about."

She pointed the fork towards me.

"Oh, come on. Hidan already told everyone that he saw you two walking in hand in hand."

I bit my lower lip. My palms were sweaty and probably my face looked like a volcano which was ready to spill it's lava.

"You don't have to be embarassed. Now tell me. Have you guys done it already?" she looked at me, her eyes shinning with curiosity and excitement.

"Konaaaaan!" I shouted covering my face with both of my palms. I got off the counter and put some eggs and bacon on two plates and I started running towards Itachi's room to avoid more embarassing questions. As I got out of kitchen's door I heard Konan screaming.

"Ohh, so the Uchiha is so tired after sex, he can't even come for breakfast." then she started to laugh franatically. I am so gonna kill that blue haired woman that I adore.

I slammed the door open with my leg. I was panting heavily.

"Are you alright?" he asked me, concert written all over his beautiful face.

"Yes. I was in a hurry, that's all. I don't want you to starve." I tried to calm my breathing. I closed the door after I put the plates on the table.

He got up from the bed and started playing with my hair.

"Arigato. For everything." he said softly. He pressed his soft lips on mines, gently.

He looked into my eyes, caressing my cheek.