Chapter 3 - The S-ranked criminals

"Courage is being scared to death... and still saddling up anyway."

I ran my hand through my hair while I was staring at the ceiling. I got up from the bed and started to examine the small room. No windows, as the rest of the hideout. The one-person bed was in a corner, in front of it was a small wardrobe, and on the opposite side of the bed, a wooden table and a chair. On the table were some candles. I opened the wardrobe but the only thing that was there was an Akatsuki cloak, and no way in hell I will ever wear that. I closed it's door sighing.

I got out of the room and I knocked on Itachi's door. He opened it and looked at me with his cold and empty eyes.

''I... um... where is the bathroom?''

He stepped aside and let me in, showing me a door.

''Not every room has a bathroom. You can use this one when you need to.'' he pointed to a door which was located on the same wall as the bed. The rooms was similar to mine but I guess all the rooms were the same.

''Uh... thank's.'' I said scratching the back of my head.

He just nodded.

I heard another knock on the door. Itachi groaned and opened it, revealing a girl with blue hair who wore a flower made of paper in it.

''She is the girl?'' she asked pointing to me.

Itachi nodded.

''Hello, I'm Konan. What's your name?'' she asked entering in the room, leaving the door open.

''S-sakura... Haruno Sakura.''

''Like the Cherry Blossoms... hm, Sakura I will show you around, follow me.'' she turned around and walked out.

I followed her outside the room. She led me through the long corridor until we reached a big door at the end of it. She opened the door. Inside was quite cold. The room was big and the walls were made of stone. Like a cave. But it had something particular. There was furniture. Two big couches, a tv, and a table on the other side of the room. On the couches were the other Akatsuki members.

Konan led me to them.

''Hey, everyone. This is Sakura Haruno from Konoha.'' she said pushing me in front of her gently.

Everyone turned to me curious.

''Hello again, Cherry Blossom. I'm Hidan'' the silver haired man said with a big grin.

''I'm Kakuzu.'' a man with green eyes said. He wore a mask as well. His apparence sent chills down my spine.

''You already know me, Kisame, Itachi's partner.'' I nodded.

''I'm Deidara.'' I gulped. He is the one that kidnapped the Kazekage. He was strong if not even Gaara defeated him. I should watch out for the blonde.

''I am Akira.'' a girl with brown hair and brown eyes told me coldly shooting me a death glare. What did I do wrong?!

Konan rolled her eyes.

''Alright, I'm gonna show her the kitchen an-'' she was cut in the middle of the sentence by a happy scream.

''TOBI WANTS TO MEET THE NEW BEAUTIFUL GIRL TOO!!'' a masked man came from behind, hugging me.

''Tobi, sit the fuck down!'' Hidan hissed shooting him daggers.

''Tobi is a good boy.'' he said going near Hidan and sitting down like a good child. I shook my head and smiled in the corner of my mouth.

''He's always like that.'' Konan whispered. I giggled.

We were walking again on the long corridor, Konan showing me the member's rooms after she showed me the kitchen and dinning room.

''That girl Akira...'' I said out loud stopping in my tracks.

Konan stopped, turning around and looking at me.

''Don't worry about her. She's just pissed that Itachi talks to you. She has a crush on him, this is why she wanted so bad to join but too bad for her, Itachi never gave her attention.'' she said amused.

''I don't know if I can defend myself against her. As Itachi said, I'm weak.'' I lowered my head in shame.

She put a hand on my shoulder and with the other raised my head by my chin.

''Now don't talk like that. I don't know what plans Itachi has with you, but I know that you are too precious to be harmed. He will take care that nobody will hurt you and so will I. I mean, I never had a girl here besides Akira but she's annoying and you seem cool. You'll see... you'll get used to us.''

''I hope.'' I whispered.

She gave me a warm smile. I don't know why but I knew I could rely on her. She seems like a really nice person, total the opposite of these members. She doesn't fit in and that made me wonder why such a sweetheart was in a criminal organization.