Chapter 6 - The guardian

"He's like a guardian angel, a sinful guardian angel who is afraid to show his halo."

"Don't go soft on me." I told Konan with a grin, challenging her.
She attacked me throwing paper bombs in my direction. I dodged them all as they created mini explosions around me. I started running towards her, punching the ground with my brute strenght.

"Chaaa!"

She jumped backwards on a tree branch. The ground where I punched had a big hole, like a crater.

"I will never annoy her. She'll destroy me." I heard Deidara saying.

I grinned at him.

Before I punched the tree where Konan was, she made some hand signs disappearing in thousad of papers. Those tiny pieces of paper surrouded me. I looked around thinking that it was a genjutsu similar to Kakashi's when we had that bell test, but it wasn't.

She appeared behind me and put a kunai at my throat. I grinned as I pointed above.

My kage bunshin came into sight, punching Konan and sending her flying, breaking three trees.

"This can't be!" I heard Kakuzu saying.

"Hn." Itachi showed a hint of a smile.

When I turned my head towards Konan again, she was sprinting towards me. She attacked me with taijutsu and I had to defend myself and be fast. I put both of my arms if front of my face to prevent a kick from her foot. I caught her by her ankle and I threw her on the ground. My breathing was heavy from the effort. She was good at taijutsu too. I'm not surprised. She's an Akatsuki member after all.

Suddenly, I was surrouded by too many tiny papers. I couldn't see anything. I felt a strong kick in my stomach, which sent me flying in a tree. It didn't break, but I created a great damage.

I felt blood dripping out of my mouth. I raised my head and I saw her coming towards me slowly.

"I'm sorry, Sakura. But you told me to not go soft on you." her eyes were soft while talking to me. I smiled.

"I'm not taking back my words." I said.

I had bruises all over my body and I was low on chakra but I'll give everything.

I saw some pieces of paper coming from the ground trying to catch my ankles but I jumped back on a branch. The pieces of paper caught the branch insted, exploding and breaking it.

"Tch."

I couldn't move my muscles so I closed my eyes waiting for the impact. It never came. Instead, I felt two arms wrapping around my skinny body and holding me close to a warm chest. I didn't realise that I was freezing until now.

My eyes felt heavy. I was exhausted and drained of chakra. I opened my eyes just a bit. In front of my eyes, everything was blurred, the only thing I saw before I closed my eyes again, were two red eyes looking down at me.

The person holding me started to move and I could barely hear the voices of the other members on the background. I held tight on my savior's clothes. They were so warm.

Suddenly, I was put on the hard ground and I cringed at the feeling. It was so cold compared to a body temperature. I didn't have time to think about this too much because I felt someone wrapping a warm cloak around me, then picking me up again and walking.

I was laid on a soft bed. I finally opened my eyes and focused. I saw Itachi looking down at me. I was wrapped in his cloak and it smelled like him.

He then disappeared in the bathroom, coming back some seconds later with a wet small piece of cloth in his hand.

He took off the cloak and started to clean my wounds. He traced his fingers along my bruises gently, sighing. I blushed at the touch. Why am I acting like this?

"Foolish little Cherry Blossom."

Before he got up, I grabbed his wrist making him look into my eyes.

"Thank you." I whispered.

He nodded.

After he came back into the room, he helped me to sit up a bit so I could eat the soup he brought. He put the bowl on my lap. I tried to bring the spoon to my mouth but my hand was shaking so bad that I spilled all the soup from it. Angered by my weakness, I put it back in the bowl with a loud sound. Itachi sighed, taking the spoon from the bowl, bringing it in front of his lips and blowing some cold air on it. Then, he brought it to my mouth so I could eat.

After I finished eating like a toddler, he put the bowl on the table.

I was still very dirty from the fight so I tried to get up to take a quick bath, but my legs betrayed me and I fell on the floor. Itachi grabbed me gently and helped me to stay on my legs even though most on my weight was on him.

"I-I need to take a bath."

He nodded, then he helped me into the bathroom. He left, but I could barely stay on my legs. They were shaking from the lack of chakra. I undressed and I took a quick bath. After I got out of bathtub, I took
the dark blue robe that was hanging on the door. It had the Uchiha crest on the back of it but I don't think that Itachi will mind if I borrow it until the next morning.

I got out of the bathroom and Itachi was sitting on the bed reading that book again.

"I-um... I hope you don't mind that I borrowed this."

He looked at me from head to toes. His stare made me feel uncomfortable.

"It fits you.'' he said absently.

When I was about to exit the room I heard him talking.

"You can sleep here tonight, I'll sleep on the couch. It will be easier if you need to use the toilet."

I looked at the opposite wall, near the wardrobe was a new little couch. I nodded. He closed his book and got out of bed, letting me lay on it. He threw a black blanket over me and I drifted off quickly.